• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

USPS - You Had One Job...

UPS is having a tough time competing with all the other services because of their generous benefits packages that the union drivers earn.

USPS is not far behind but they're subsidized.

Watch out for Amazon with their super efficient AI driven automated fulfillment centers in every state, and coming automated delivery they will absorb the competition like the Borg.

Of course that is if anybody still has a job that pays well enough to buy the stuff Bezos peddles.

Yeah, USPS is full of fail lately. No delivery commit issues with FedEx / UPS though.

Today I was supposed to get my rifle from FedEx, signature required. They get through our gate and deliver all the time. This time, I told the postal worker delivering a little box that I was expecting more than that, then corrected myself to say Oh no, that was actually FedEx. She said FedEx stuck a note on the gate, but she didn't know who it was for. And that FedEx was still in the neighborhood; they had been bumping into each other -- maybe I could catch them. Rocketed down to the gate, sure enough -- a tag on the outside -- NO NAME on it - saying NEED SIG. (Yeah no kidding, why didn't you try to get one?)

Chased all over the neighborhood trying to find them, no luck.

Came back and called and asked for a REAL delivery attempt today. Was told that they couldn't even contact the local branch because they were so overwhelmed they were refusing all calls. My complaint is registered (like anyone will care) and my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. FOR REALZ THO???? I asked, and was told yeah they really will do their job this time.

FWIW, I've seen this kind of incompetence from UPS many times, plus the occasional surly driver. The USPS is actually usually much more reliable, and FedEx is off and on.

Anyway, I'm going to try not to let it spoil my day, but I'm plenty pissed that they didn't even try. They DO have the gate code and were here just two days ago.

ALL the delivery services are overwhelmed with unprecedented increases in volume, and manpower shortages, and distancing restrictions that are crippling them. I got a package today via USPS from Donny FL, that was supposed to be delivered last Monday. The tracking showed no movement for 3 days. Donny is in FL and NOBODY ships faster or better than Donny. The USPS sent my package to Syracuse, NY. Donny is in FL, I am in CO. I did not call Donny. I did not write Donny. It is what it is. My .30 Ronin and fill probe for my .30 Uragan showed up today, just like I knew it would. Between it, Ebay, and Amazon, I got 6 packages today. I got 4 Amazon packages via USPS yesterday-yes, on a Sunday. UPS only works Monday-Friday. In addition, it is common knowledge that the DONALD is sabotaging the USPS because he is against voting by mail, so wants to make it look unfeasible. We all just have to be more patient in these trying times.