• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Usps sucks a big one!

So I ordered a new Atlas bipod and it was supposed to be delivered today with signature confirmation. No problem because I have the day off from work so I'll be home to sign for it. Then I watched the mailman drive up to my mailbox and drive away I was thinking what the hell? I thought maybe he said screw the signature and delivered it anyway but no he just stopped to put one of those "sorry we missed you" slips in my mailbox. I called the post office and the lady said that he probably didn't deliver it because he thought my driveway was too slippery. WHAT? First of all my driveway isn't icy but even if it was who gives a rats ass? Do your damn job! If you can't deliver mail, in winter, in Maine then FIND A NEW JOB!!! It's a good thing the police and fire department don't think like this. "Sorry sir, your house is burning but there is no way I'm going up that icy driveway!"

USPS can't do their job but I bet there are 16 year old kids happily delivering pizza right now for minimum wage lol.

How many packages do you think my mailman delivered today since they gave him a "get out of your job free" card. None I'm sure the bum. I even saw him coming and put my shoes on because I had planned on going out to grab it when he turned in my driveway like I always do if I'm home and see them pull in. Instead he made NO attempt and decided to be a fat, lazy, stinky turd.

I'm done crying now 😭 I'll go to the post office this afternoon to PICK UP my package and I'll ask them if they need me to do anything else (in their job description) while I'm there. Never stand between a man and his airgun toys!!!😆

Those folks have a hard job, and most of them do it well. Our delivery guy is fantastic. In your case, well, you probably don't want this guy thinking anymore.

Before this I've never had an issue with my mail from Usps. I know it's not a big deal really but I need my toys and the fact that I stood there and watched him do it is an even bigger kick to the nuts!

C'mon man.. Don't hold back.. Tell us how you Really feel. 🤣 
95% of the time, I've had amazing experiences with USPS [in 5-6 different cities, home and work deliveries]
I'll have to agree with you on one thing though.. I had a delivery guy just like the one in your rant, and yup..
Same deal.. he would skip my apt / our shop [same building] if the city didn't plow enough for his liking..
He'd have 15 feet between parking on the street and walking to our front door, but nope..
Several skips, and, what got me the worst.. When he could walk in and literally hand off the package 
if he didn't need to warm up, or use our restroom, he would just wave to get our attention, 
and place the boxe down on the wet / snow covered sidewalk, and wander away.. It was unreal..
We gave up trying to complain about him, as apparently, it's too hard for that USPS to find employees with 1/2 a brain. lol

I have photos somewhere of packages he left sitting in so much snow that if I didn't know they were there, 
they'd be completely covered, and wouldn't be found until' the snow melted.. I'm talking in over 1-2 feet of snow.. Yeeaah..

Anyways..

Best of luck getting your goodies at the post office, and not 'going postal' while you're there. haha

😜👍 

Sam -

Tweeter My problem is a neighbor one block over has the same house # but different street 5% of the time we get each others mail & packages . I always walk over & hand deliver to them but those buttheads will send mine back to the post office . So I think I'll be a butthead too since they are so lazy . Just pisses my off when it is something to do with my air guns ! AAAh just venting waiting for a package now. I know how you feel Darell

Ahhh... the day-late / waiting thing.. That's the worst!

Here, I'll track a package, it goes right be me, ends up in Rochester NY, 
then literally sits there for 1-2 days before being forwarded..

After being back in route, it's a gamble whether or not the local USPS 
ships it the same day they receive it, or waits til the next day..

Same with Syracuse - closest big hub to me now..

I could drive to most of these places, and pick my stuff up quicker.

So can I offer a piece of advice? Totally unsolicited, take it or leave it, and based on nothing other than my own meandering life experience. 

Postal carriers get a lot of grief from people when things are late, and also from their managerial chain who in essence want them to do more work than they have time to. The work environment often also contains a lot more drama than it needs to. They deal with quite a lot more BS than they ought to given what their job entails. Dealing with this kind of malarkey is exhausting in a way it is often difficult to sympathize with because, while particularly in Maine the job can be kinda cold and crappy, it is nowhere near as bad as say roofing here in the winter. 

So where am I going with all this? Your carrier can definitely be a real pain in your ass, and they're union so fighting with them or complaining to their managers is not going to get them fired. So going the piss and vinegar route to try and get your carrier to "shape up" just isn't going to work. 

What has always worked for me really well, and full disclosure I'm also a dude who lives in Maine with a long icy driveway in the winter, is to be friendly with your carrier. Tip them at Christmas. Smile at them when you see them. If you see them pull up, run up to the truck and grab your mail so they don't have to get out, and thank them. Make them feel appreciated for doing what is a long, cold/hot, and often unpleasant job. Just be friendly and nice and appreciative. If you do this, you'll get way better service, or at least I always have. 

Just my 2c. 

Yes! Let em have it haha!

Dovi, same here I have always said that I prefer Usps over UPS and Fed Ex because I've never had a problem with them and usually their shipping is always faster for me. Well, if you can get them to actually deliver I guess haha. 

Yeah and the funny thing is my package was a day late haha. I get that though it's bound to happen once in a while. They keep raising the prices but the service gets crappier I guess.

My package was already late but I don't give a hoot about that part I'm used to it by now because it happens 9/10 times lol. I had the day off from work anyway but I know some people will TAKE a day off from work to sign for an important package. That would've really burned my ass!

On the back of the slip it says "let your carrier know when you would like them to deliver your package" Ummmm, when you're supposed to? When your legs start working again? Or .... just don't worry about it, I'll pick it up. 😂😂😂

At my previous home, the USPS never got it right. The left a note that they couldn't get to my door due to a "Gated Community". Wrong, I don't live in a gated community. 

At my new home, I have areas that can hide packages from Porch Pirates. UPS, Fedx hides my packages. Not good old USPS, right in the middle. Looked like bowling pins at a bowling alley.

Most are good but some just stink it up for the other good people.

LOL Im in Hollywood CA, the guy used to do the exact same thing here, never bring boxes over X size, literally have the "sorry we missed you" slip filled out when he gets here, it was on top of a stack of mail he handed me once... asked him for the box as he clearly had not missed me.. told me he did not bring it because there were a lot of mail today.. he brought it about 30 minutes later after I offered to send the video of him handing me the slip to the local postmaster.. nice bloke, been good at bringing boxes lately. 

Been there a few time also with the usps. I’ve even had UPS send me a text a few weeks ago that stated they attempted a delivery a package from PA at 4:30 in the afternoon at my place of work. Our building is unlock and lots of people around at that time. What’s up with that? I was really looking forward to receiving that package because it was a back order and in been waiting for awhile so that text was a huge letdown. We have security cameras so I checked. They never showed up and made an attempt to deliver. So the next day when I finally got the package delivered I decide to ask the driver straight out (every nicely) if they tried to make the delivery the day before. She was pleasant and told me “yes but it was too late in the day and no one was around.” Me: “Oh really!? because I checked and I didn’t see you on any of our security cameras yesterday.” Mouth gapped with deer in headlights look was the only response. No apology or anything she just turned around and walked anyway. 

I mean that package wasn’t that important and I know things happen and nothing is perfect and not everything goes according to plan. But just don’t lie to me about it!