USPS Priority Mail Shipping of Pellets and Heavy Items

Just a note that everyone should try to use USPS Flat Rate Boxes when using Priority Mail to ship heavy items AKA Ammo. If you use your own box the price can double. Recently did a trade for 2500 slugs. I shipped 11 Tins of JSB King Heavy in .25 for less than 1/2 what it cost the other party to ship me the slugs. I used a Large Flat Rate Box. He used his own box which also had a dimension over 12 inches (cost goes up for that too).

Thank You T3PRanch

It was very nice of you to share this with the ones that do not know lol. I have done this very thing always and do not understand why ALL of the dealers do not do the same as you and I to help lower the cost of shipping and increase their sales ??? haha. Oh well I will just continue to buy from the ones who ship smart and hope the others have a great day lol. 😅👍

Scott in NC😁 

just had this issue 2 weeks ago. tried to ship in a box i thought was flat rate. it was a "shoebox" and the ship rate went from 15 bucks to 87 bucks! i said give it back. shipped in flat rate large for $19.

I had shipped cases armor piercing 50BMG rounds so heavy you wouldn't believe it I could barely even lift them off of the ground let alone carry them. Had to quadruple clear tape them in their entirety and no issues way way absolutely No question cheaper than regular box. Yo!

This will save you even more money...Put the pellets in a small flat box, tape it up well and then stuff it in a flat rate envelope, if it will fit. Tape the heck out of it like YO said and it will be fine. The envelopes are even cheaper than the flat rate boxes so you'll save a couple more bucks! I've asked quite a few of the bigger air gun retailers to use USPS flat rate boxes or envelopes, some will, a few will not. Crazy?

This will save you even more money...Put the pellets in a small flat box, tape it up well and then stuff it in a flat rate envelope, if it will fit. Tape the heck out of it like YO said and it will be fine. The envelopes are even cheaper than the flat rate boxes so you'll save a couple more bucks!

😁 if there is no weight restriction on the envelopes like the flat rate boxs ! This could work haha.

1592287727_2762150245ee861ef5bb233.28375713.png

BTW how’s it going in Texas during this covid times, hope you and your family are good.

Social distancing in Rural America is a normal way of life. Closest neighbor is 1 mile away plus I think Covid 19 is mainly news media sensationalism rather than a pandemic. It is nothing more than a different flu like virus.

Last year I attempted to place an order for 2 tins of 25 cal pellets with Pyramid Air; their total cost was around $23.00 however while checking out, shipping was quoted somewhere around $68.00. I thought there was a huge mistake in the shipping quotation so I called PA and asked them to ship USPS flat rate for $8.30. PA refused my request and told me that they were only using Fedex. Needless to say, I chose AOA for all my airgun needs. These good folks in Arizona are really in the airgun business not the shipping business!