• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

USPS losing my packages

USPS has lost two of my airgun related packages in the last two months.

The first was a shipment of $150 worth of pellets I bought from a user off the classifieds (he’s a great guy, did nothing wrong). I tracked the delivery and for the first couple days everything was fine. Then it arrived at a shipping facility and just stopped moving. That was a month and a half ago. I filed a claim and heard nothing.

The second is more recent and far more heartbreaking. A GK1 I ordered from a retailer. Again I tracked it and again everything was fine for the first couple days. Then the nightmare repeated itself: it arrived at a shipping facility and hasn’t moved since. It’s been a week. I know some of you will tell me not to panic, but after what I went through with the pellets, I’m not sure what else to expect.

Don’t know what to do at this point. I assume the pellets are gone forever. I’m not expecting my claim to go through. As far as the GK1 I will reach out to the retailer on Friday if nothing has changed. I am so angry and disappointed with USPS. Never had repeated issues like this in my life, back to back. The thought of being out $1400 because of their disarray is infuriating.

Any advice is appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: pan60
In the case of the retailer, you are likely going to be okay. worst case you can charge back the credit card since you never received goods paid for. As long as you have receipts etc. you will probably have a successful USPS claim. In the unfortunate event they lose a private party purchase, they are TERRIBLE. They will continue to ask for proof after proof after proof of the value and still never pay. It's funny they will take your insurance money without even asking what's in the box. Beyond frustrating. It's not like a person could intend to game the system. There is no way you could predict a package would be lost in their care. I had an insurance claim from a car accident, they assessed the damage and paid for the repairs. Done and done. They never asked what I paid for the car, if I was the original owner, or to provide a receipt. USPS intentionally sandbags claimants until they give up. Don't give up!

Reactions: MLE and pan60
the shipper of the pellets should be doing the work
as the shipper he is the one that paid the shipping and any insurance as the buyer it is not your problem
he should have kicked the USPS in the A$$ as soon as the package was late and i hate to say it he should be picking up the tab
the buyer is not responsible to get the package to their house it is the seller responsibility
every shipping company in the states could screw up an empty room, i have had my fair share
the pellets should have at least a 100.00 insured value
it is my opinion

The first was a shipment of $150 worth of pellets I bought from a user off the classifieds (he’s a great guy, did nothing wrong). I tracked the delivery and for the first couple days everything was fine. Then it arrived at a shipping facility and just stopped moving. That was a month and a half ago. I filed a claim and heard nothing.

The second is more recent and far more heartbreaking. A GK1 I ordered from a retailer. Again I tracked it and again everything was fine for the first couple days. Then the nightmare repeated itself: it arrived at a shipping facility and hasn’t moved since. It’s been a week. I know some of you will tell me not to panic, but after what I went through with the pellets, I’m not sure what else to expect.

Don’t know what to do at this point. I assume the pellets are gone forever. I’m not expecting my claim to go through. As far as the GK1 I will reach out to the retailer on Friday if nothing has changed. I am so angry and disappointed with USPS. Never had repeated issues like this in my life, back to back. The thought of being out $1400 because of their disarray is infuriating.

I only ship using signature required and fully insured - we had a thief delivery agent forging signatures and with home date stamped camera proof that usps did not deliver she got fired and we got reimbursed

I've been hearing more and more of scams in shipping companies with these looters and smash and grab groups. Especially bad in gold and silver buyers and sellers. Big inside jobs happening! Sucks but its the climate the current government groups have created
please keep your political stuff out - a thief is a thief regardless of politics - sorry but the issues of honesty and integrity and personal accountability don’t have borders or religion or politics just nasty greedy people

I try and never ship or order any thing in December, UPS and USPS are over worked working a positively brutal schedule of almost 40hrs per week at this time of the year, as are all of the thousands of temporary hires they put on to handle the bump that might otherwise result in a private sector type work schedule.
Mike
FIFY Mike. 😁

Reactions: MLE and maxtrouble
It’s all of them haha

IMG_1334.jpeg

Reactions: MLE
Another vote for honest package delay due to the holidays. Personally I avoid the USPS like the plague. I have always had piss poor customer service from the USPS. I suggest filling a claim with the USPS. It goes to a third party over sight group.

I ordered Rinke grips and everything was great until DHL handed the package off to USPS in my town. I went up to my local branch several times and they swore the package was not there. After the fourth claim was filed (they kept closing them, so I kept opening another claim because no grips) It had gone to some big wig worthless government employee at the USPS branch. He had the audacity to ask why I kept filing "frivolous claims" when they OBVIOUSLY did not have my package.

Long story short, the same lady that kept telling me the package was not there magically "found" my package. It had been sitting on a shelf for four weeks collecting dust. I filled ANOTHER claim for a total of five. The fifth claim went to the big post office official and he was furious at the amount of claims I opened up for one package. I gave him a double barrel of my thoughts on the USPS. Did nothing but made me feel better getting a big black mark on my post office.

Now I recommend pirate ship to any and all people needing to ship something. They have great UPS rates and UPS is about four trillion light years better than the USPS.

The seller needs to contact USPS and initiate a search for the package. I did this 2x once when package sat at a terminal for few days and a day later movement resumed, second time was on a shipment of scope rings, that was 6 months ago. All I get is a monthly reminder that "package hasn't yet been found, but we're still looking. I'm just going to file a claim for the money at this point. As mentioned before, the vendor should come through for you but have them initiate the search for it.

Reactions: swNCsw and MLE
As many items I ship out daily and guns knock on wood I’ve only had one incident and it was a minor one. This minor one lead me to making sure the package is scanned properly. That’s where most of the issue comes into play. From here on out I always cover the shipping label barcode with one thin film of clear packing tape to protect. it. All companies rely on that especially this time of year and don’t even take the time to look at addresses because of the time of year. Yes I know it’s sad but that’s the world we live in right now. Since I’ve done that I’ve had zero issues with any shipper.

Reactions: Feinwerk and MLE

just had two packages at the same time delayed with no word , first pkg showed up repackaged in Atlanta GA

Reactions: MLE
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I know this problem is not unique, and I’m not usually one to complain about things outside of my control. It’s just frustrating, and I know my friends here at AGN—constant gardeners of the US mail systems—can commiserate.

Still holding out hope this GK1 will start moving again. I agree that the retailer will do good. I don’t want to drop names yet since it’s all ongoing, but I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them over the years, and am confident that in a worst case scenario they will help me out.

The pellets are likely gone forever. I’ll do my best to get the insurance but who knows. The good news of course is that I already have enough ammo to render every can in North America unrecyclable.

Some of the online retailer I shop with have an added insurance option that I've been selecting lately. For example, the last order I did with Utah Airguns I added the insurance, and it was an extra 2.6% for "Route" coverage that supposedly takes care of replacement if lost, stolen, or damaged in transit. I started doing this because lately I've been getting delivery confirmation notices on stuff that gets misdelivered (I'm lucky to have honest neighbors). I don't know if they are any better at processing claims that the shippers, but it's another layer of protection.

Reactions: beerthief