• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

USPS issues

I recently went to the PO to send an airgun (sans stock) in to be resealed. The clerk looked at the package and asked “is this a gun?”. I replied that it was not a firearm but thru my WuuHon mask all he heard was “firearm”. His eyes and mouth both flew open as he yelled “firearm, did you say firearm!?”. NOT a firearm I replied , he then unclenched his kiester and everything proceeded as normal. I’ve legally mailed firearms to gunsmiths for repair many times in the past. Now I wonder if USPS still considers this legal? Uj

Hard to predict shipping times these days. I think most of it is beyond the shipper's control, although I consistently notice that UPS and FedEx personnel approach their job with a level of urgency unseen with USPS workers. Just my observation, maybe I'm wrong. I ordered an air rifle from AOA last week, and because of the current shipping situation, I paid for second day air, and it was here (NC) in two days. Probably wasted money, since ground shipping was free, but piece of mind is worth something, I guess. 

The post office is just a hot mess. They hire part time workers right, those part time workers who are new and have no idea whats going on are the ones that get floated around from route to route, which means they are constantly trying to learn new routes. Furthermore, these part time workers, usually work 60+ hours a week with practically no benefits. Ontop of all that, the regular career employee's always take off the day after the holidays, on purpose, because mail isn't delievered on holidays, which means, yet again, the new 'part time' employee's get shafted, because when they are forced to come in after the holidays (with no holiday pay), they have to case TWO days worth of mail, and deliever TWO days worth of mail AND packages. then they quit, and the regular career employee's wonder why.

But yah my mail point here is unlike UPS or Fedex, the post office has to deliver packages and mail, ever since they took the amazon contract and deliever on sundays "which most people don't realize", its been a hot hot mess at the post office, they deliever why more packages than they should be and the carriers arn't even being compensated for the increase in packages from amazon(including the regular careers). Because the route gets "evaluated' but of course the post office being full of shady individuals, only "evaluate" the route on the slowest days of the year.

On the other hand, I ship priority on a weekly basis. Absolutely no issues except to Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Go figure. Second day was more like second week.
UPS on the other hand absolutely destroyed a compressor sent from North Carolina to Houston, they still haven’t paid the claim. The claim was filed in July. No money no good. I’m not impressed with their insurance company. I doubt they will ever pay.

I have seen this a lot more lately. Also, I think on top of the slower service, they increased rates, but haven’t updated the boards.

I have shipped two rifles in the last 2-3 weeks, and both were 50% or more expensive than they have been in the past to the same location ($100 to $150 and $60 to $100). Dang near FedEx prices.. I put a fill probe in a tiny box that should have been $8 in the past, and it was $14!!! Yikes. 

I recently went to the PO to send an airgun (sans stock) in to be resealed. The clerk looked at the package and asked “is this a gun?”. I replied that it was not a firearm but thru my WuuHon mask all he heard was “firearm”. His eyes and mouth both flew open as he yelled “firearm, did you say firearm!?”. NOT a firearm I replied , he then unclenched his kiester and everything proceeded as normal. I’ve legally mailed firearms to gunsmiths for repair many times in the past. Now I wonder if USPS still considers this legal? Uj

Per USPS regs, it is none of the clerks business what you are shipping. They can ask if it is hazardous, liquid, etc, but that is all. You can legally mail a long gun, but must have a FFL to mail a handgun legally.