• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Usps Delayed mail

So there's been a huge delay on delivery with the usps lately that’s really out of control at this point. I'm to a point where I'll never use usps again! I mean you can't even track packages anymore because usps isn't scanning mail like they are supposed to be doing. On top of they we are getting ripped off with the priority prices and items aren't being delivered in a priority time line. So Please if we do any type of business DO NOT USE USPS OR ILL HAVE TO DECLINE THE DEAL!! 

FedEx hasn't been much good lately either. Most times when I get the "your package will be delivered tomorrow" notification, it just sits where it is for a day or 2 more before finally getting to the local hub and onto the delivery truck. And don't even ask about my pellet order which went from Utah to California, then to North Carolina, slowly back to California, back to North Carolina, and was finally delivered ~3 weeks late.

Seems that UPS operations have been the least impacted lately, or they had the most robust systems which could be scaled up to the current demand levels. And it is nice that you can usually look up a discount code to get some bucks off your shipment (if you have a (free) UPS account and do your shipping directly from home.) The ones I have successfully used recently are:

HOLIDAYS

EASY

Ship priority you are insured to $100.00 buy extra insurance when needed and file claims its a pain in azz but do it, our ebay store has had a few things come up missing in usps twilight zone and we file claims and get our money out of it. The election had new postmaster pulling sorting machines out of main usps hubs, Denver had 11 pulled out alone, so they can not sort by hand very well and that is being proven U.S.A. Wide. UPS is still kicking butt and told amazon pee up a rope. Make sure you always insure items for what they are worth with UPS just in case. And make sure UPS clerk at store hands you a label showing item scanned in to the system. Lastl but not least watch out for porch pirates it is that time of year and although people should have better morals well that is not the world we habitate any longer.

I ship USPS Priority all the time and haven't noticed many delays. Maybe a day here or there. What method are you guys using? Parcel Post costs just as much as Priority and sucks. I'm getting my USPS Priority packages from Trenier in 2-3 days to CT. 

BTW - If I post anything up for sale it'll be shipping USPS Priority.

I agree with this 100%. I have found them (USPS) to be at least as good as UPS and generally much better than FedEx. Maybe its a CT thing 🤔

I’m with Redick on this one 15 days for a package only from 650 away “unacceptable” I always ship FedEx ground, everything I ship usually shows up a day earlier than they say it will and that’s been most every time over the last cpl years, UPS is hit&miss, usps blows, and I’ve also found that FedEx is 95% of the time to actually be cheaper than the other two, 

I've had slow service from Fedex, UPS and USPS. I've had good service from Fedex, UPS and USPS. I've had both good and bad from Amazon. I can't say that any of them are any better or worse than the other. Both Fedex and Amazon have shipping services that handoff to USPS for final delivery.

With everyone on the planet shopping on line due to Covid-19, convenience, the holiday season etc. all of the shippers are having difficulty keeping up and meeting previous delivery expectations. It is just a fact of life right now and we just have to deal with it. Hopefully after the holidays it will begin to improve. But I'm not going to sit here and refuse to use one or the other to complete a transaction. I'll just take what precautions I can do what I have to

I ordered an air gun a couple weeks ago and it took USPS forever to delivered priority mail from a neighboring state. Then I ordered some pellets and the tracking said that USPS Had it at There facility, then the tracking said they were waiting on a label to be created. How in the hell could they be waiting on a label when they are supposed to already have it in their possession?And it has said the same thing all week with no changes and still no pellets. And this is within my own state.

USPS, FED EX and UPS have been absolutely hammered by the amount of parcels since Covid started, now with Christmas around the corner, the already massive amount of parcels has increased exponentially. There aren’t enough workers, planes, trucks or infrastructure to deal with the growth that the shippers have seen in the past year. Funny though, I just got a scope from Texas to California in two days with USPS and an Air gun from Utah in two days with Fed Ex. You never hear about the millions of packages that are delivered on time every day, just the late or damaged parcels which make up a very small percentage of the total volume. 

Stoti

I am waiting for a sign for check from California to Ohio. At least a week overdue. (USPS)

However you want to slice it,... shipping stuff around to 20 locations is in no way efficient. Guys have been reporting a package getting within a 1/2 hour of their house like 3 times, only to have it shipped back out of state. How about going coast to coast several times?

Blame it on whatever, they seem to (all) be shooting themselves in the foot.

I am waiting for a sign for check from California to Ohio. At least a week overdue. (USPS)

However you want to slice it,... shipping stuff around to 20 locations is in no way efficient. Guys have been reporting a package getting within a 1/2 hour of their house like 3 times, only to have it shipped back out of state. How about going coast to coast several times?

Blame it on whatever, they seem to (all) be shooting themselves in the foot.

I believe that 100% because that has happened to me before. The package came to my area then it went to a neighboring state then back to my area then I finally got it. Then one time it shipped to the eastern part of my state which is in Pennsylvania then to the western part then back to the eastern part Then to my area. And last year I bought a BSA from Georgia and it left Atlanta and went missing in action for five weeks then all of a sudden appeared in Los Angeles California then a week later it showed up at my door and it was the wrong caliber that I ordered. I sent it back and got my money back after that horrible experience. Just doesn’t make any sense

USPS, FED EX and UPS have been absolutely hammered by the amount of parcels since Covid started, now with Christmas around the corner, the already massive amount of parcels has increased exponentially. There aren’t enough workers, planes, trucks or infrastructure to deal with the growth that the shippers have seen in the past year. Funny though, I just got a scope from Texas to California in two days with USPS and an Air gun from Utah in two days with Fed Ex. You never hear about the millions of packages that are delivered on time every day, just the late or damaged parcels which make up a very small percentage of the total volume. 

Stoti

There's alot of folks out of work im sure would love to help