• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I use the UPSO whenever possible. I'm always honest about what I'm shipping, often tell them even if they don't ask. I usually use the main PO for my area. They have never even blinked. Now does that provide you any proofe…. probably not.

I will say that the other shippers (if you are honest) will not take airguns at the 'stores' if they choose to follow policy. If you take it directly to the area depot's, they are fine. They don't give the stores any liability coverage for anything near the gun category.

None care about lead, that's all pellets are. Same with an empty tank (on gun or SCUBA/SCBA). Once empty that are just metal.

All based on personal experience and a little research. Go to you main PO branch and ask if you wan to most reliable answer your going to get. That's what I've learned in practice...

JCD nailed it . Our local UPS stores won't take anything gun related ( I think they are franchise like McDonald's) 

The guys at my post office rarely ask unless it looks and weighs like a gun and then I think they are asking for extra insurance. I use USPS exclusively and I ship a LOT of scopes and Airguns . I've shipped carbon fiber bottles and received them and never had a problem .

Thanks. That all makes sense. USPS for me it is for all things airgun. I do use USPS for mailing PB long guns to gunsmiths or even to myself. Never had a problem.

I agree with how finicky the USP/FedEx stores are. Occasionally I need to send some high end Bullseye pistols to gunsmiths and only the depots accept them, and then they require you ship it same day delivery. But that, as I understand it, is because their own people were stealing handguns and this way they somehow feel they can track the pistols better this way. 

Mike

Combined with the fact that restricted-item regulations evolve and devolve often enough with EVERY shipping outfit and they have HUMAN employees that more often than not DON'T KNOW their company policies, yet don't hesitate to put their ignorance on full display, it is a MISTAKE to believe what anyone there or here tells you about something as potentially criminal as shipping something you shouldn't. If you're not willing to find the correct answer yourself, you must be willing to accept the risk of human opinion.

For instance, the U.S. Postal Service used to allow shipping (uncharged) airguns with only that restriction, but last time I checked (for myself) they consider air PISTOLS to be firearms. 

Dont have hte current regulations handy but pretty easy to find. Basically ( inside the U.S. ) as far as airguns, no hazmat so no pressure, Co2 rifles fine Pistols NO! Stupid but real. Naturally a pistol may well have been shipped Priority mail at a great price to boot but technicality that is the only restricted item.

I know some regs changed (and our post master) and only because of it being a small town # and the postmaster being they & friendly a quick re-read and no further issues evere.

Bigger City, an employee who's never read any sub suction of subsection willthose triangle box's are grea for barrel's & even some actions) delivered to your door always error in favor of keeping there job.

Just on there web site. And make a free at home ( do need scale & printer) us mail account, order all the free shipping supplies you might like delivered to your doose.

Weight print notify for there free at door pick up, at a discounted rate.

John

... i was favoring usps (o) least of all at first (2009), and sun optics would let me ship from there on their ups discount biz acct . . . later , ups started dropping boxes on their ends , thus breaking the new turkish walnut stocks - usually in the grip , or poking the barrel out thru the other end. (they have rough automated conveyor belt sorting facility that dropped em about 6 ft - long boxes no good with any of the 3 shippers - no good....but a new gun just comes like that..... i learned from paulpresto about taking stocks off - a shorter box is cheaper and safer - under 38-36" , but even then - some airguns are much too reluctant to have their stocks easily removed (crosman 2200 / old daisy 882 arkansas can opener for examples) ....... then , i used fed ex .. (and i think they might actually be the best of the 3 , but most expensive).... this branch by me here stayed open till 11pm and 2-3 HOT little lasses flirting with me in a largely dead store late at night and that was when twirking became popular with the youth - about the same time the news showed obama's daughter doing it at a daytime concert....i got the shipping tags ALL ****ed up and switched aROUND BAD that night) ...3 outta 3 boxes going in the 3 directions for usa from texas.... i found out a lot of facts as i hard to pay those fees to reverse shipping. ........ i really postpone and procrastinate shipping and logistic - because i messed up sooo much poop shipping.... -- gun-shy -- .... here in the last 4 years , i prefer us.postal , aka usps and usps.com . . . a few times here in the big (town) city of ft.worth , some fear ridden endoctrinated brainwashed asshole / fat, scary bitch --- (and they're at walmart customer service too , so heads up there - i had a younger black girl refuse to help me with my timely returning of an air rifle - box opened she shocked out , and left - about 10 folks in the line then , too...a replacement covered her quickly....) -- anyway , naturally scaried people and animals - ones that just recoil from any gun's presence , as if naturally , or instinctly ,.. will **** up my afternoon time to get shipping before 5 over with... one time in the new yuppyville-type or pc millennial 'near westside / west 7th street area of fort worth , this overweight black woman authoritatively forced that only a cop could ship guns of any kind (too many pickled pig's feet at work behind the counter that day from what it smelled like in our brand new post office) - imagine how pissed the cop force would be if WE were requesting that ?? the police force here in texas wants you to have a firearm for home protection , they cant do everyone's job of protecting themselves ... basically , so scared pussy hears 'gun' , when you said 'capgun' trips out , man...rt here in texas...i'll never figure it out , or maybe i could head that off at the pass... I DIRECTLY JUST TAKE THE BOX TO OUR HUB and shippeeee !! we can legally ship airguns .. some folks will hunder you.. other have different state laws (might make them to know all of that and be responsible in receiving 'if' things get caught in customs , but ive never had 'captured in route' , or 'denied access or delivery' responses from the big 3 shippers to "where's my package sent 2 mos ago ?
" if someone blanks out your smalltown uspo , that would be a situation - even when they go get the boss i request when i catch static , the supervisor will usually side with counterhelp (sux , but at i guess they gotta stick together like the law enforcement forces )... use politcs and charm !! i always proclaim myself as "a guy who fixes old 'bb' guns and antique ones for folks as a hobby." if i can tell my pretty asian lady here at my usps branch isnt cheery , i say "bb gun parts" - but only if asked.... ive given some post office around here my business card as i'm explaining these are not firearms - firearms use gunpowder and stress to contact me directly as per this card - and i'll be there directly.. and ESPECIALLY for shipment out of our country - ive used them exclusively for that.... - and - last thing ( and im sorry for the rant - i hate ignorance fueled by some abstract urban fear to ****ing inconvienence me ) , i strongly recommend getting an easy to set up usps.com online acct.... free priority-type boxes (i use them for targets - white shows tiny pellet holes at 2-50 yards very easily with scope) - shapes, sizes ive never seen... i buy collectable stamps on my usps.com thing.. they give free booklets and cover for the sheet of stamps , and there's something else freely given but i cant recall it.. -- most important features of printing your own label on your printer :;;; 1) no standing in line !!! unless you need a shipping reciept ... let them acknowledge your asking to put it there on the end of counter... if i have a medium white box or smaller shipment , i can fit it to drop in the turndrawer thru the night beside all p.o. boxes (sux benjamins and sheridans white triangle box is just a tad too long - but with stocks taken off and trigger protected and also adios.... 2) everytime i would say , "but it was only $ online . . why $$ here ?" and they always reply asking some proof print out of price quote... always cheaper from home , and i can adjust the insurance or something else to stay more within budget , but even cheaper when i print off the shipping label that is connected to the paypal transaction... powederburner guys hate paypal and wont use it - but i couldnt imagine the online airgunning hobby without it .... which brings me to close with : like paypal , the usps is top safe organization for security.... postal police have powers like secret service , that's why drug dealers and fake check scammers will use any service BUT the us.govt.... the texas prison system around 9/11 would ONLY accept a us.postal money order to place money on your loved one's books.... i hear that are coping or counterfeiting those usps money orders sometimes , but they must not be getting far with that one...and there again , much stiffer penalties / punishment for those who involve the us.postal system....and i'm like state farm ins in that , " i know a thing or two about that , cause ive seen a thing or two about that. " - cheers. - paul.