• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Using VCR tape as wind indicator

download.png

Thought I would show a short video comparing wind flag with surveyor tape to VCR tape. The VCR tape shows the wind speed much better when the wind speed is coming down or picking up.

Thanks for posting, but the surveyor's tape is much easier to see with these tired eyes.

It’s actually pretty shiny and easy to see in peripheral vision. I’m usually lazy and don’t set my flags up when only shooting a few groups. With this cheep setup consisting of driveway markers and VCR tape I may just leave out . That way it’s always ready to go. Just one less thing to bring out when shooting for groups.

Thanks for posting, but the surveyor's tape is much easier to see with these tired eyes.

It’s actually pretty shiny and easy to see in peripheral vision. I’m usually lazy and don’t set my flags up when only shooting a few groups. With this cheep setup consisting of driveway markers and VCR tape I may just leave out . That way it’s always ready to go. Just one less thing to bring out when shooting for groups. 

I’ll give it a try. Can hou see it at 76 yards?

Do a search for "bird scare tape." It's very light & moves with the slightest breeze. You can see it easily for hundreds of yards 
& it's pretty cheap. All you need is something to hang (tape) it onto. I usually use some old 1/2 o"r 1"PVC pipe. The only problem is that it eventually seems to be sensitive to exposure to the sun & high winds.