• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Using Donny Extender As Air Stripper On Bulldog?

Hi all, I have searched the forums but haven't found the info I need before feeling comfortable enough to purchase the required parts. I am planning to buy a Donny Emperor and extender tube for my Bulldog, but I would like to reduce the overall length by mounting the extender tube further back on the barrel using Donny's Airforce Texan 308/357 (.625mm) adapter. So after cutting the shroud back and mounting the adapter further back, 4~5" of the barrel would be inside the extender tube. My plan is to use a db meter/POI to fine tune the adapter location before cutting the shroud to the correct length. Has anyone done this before or have any ideas/advice?

Also, I might get a Texan .457 in the future, and was thinking to use .45 cal Emperor/extender tube on both the Texan and the Bulldog. I would expect a slight increase in noise level on the Bulldog. Finances are tight for me right now so it would be nice if I could use the Donny 45 Emp/ext tube on both rifles until then.

Thanks for any Help