• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Using Cheap Pellets

As long as you are shooting lead pellets of the proper caliber then you wont harm your barrel. I’ve heard some say that different manufacturers use different lead compositions that will leave deposits in your bore. Not really a problem though. Just pull a couple cleaning patches through your barrel after using the cheap pellets if you find that your accuracy has changed. I’ve never really noticed a difference in my shooting.
Kenny

Other than accuracy, will shooting cheap pellets damage or hurt my PCP? I do shoot with JSBs but shooting more now and most of it is plinking so it would be nice to save a few dollars with cheap ammo and go with the JSBs when accuracy is required.

Yes! Shooting CPHP's will destroy your gun, please send them to me ASAP!

No, 'cheap' pellets are just cheap due to design and finish, they are safe to shoot.

Ive so many crosman pellets get ruined by my guns.. its a shame..

Dude you buy and try. I had 2.50$ tin pellets shoot as good as $10 a tin . Then not. In the end cphp is all i about shoot 99.8943% of the time. Real high shot counts on guns of mine and i dont see " pellet damage" to any gun yet from shooting them. From old years old guns to newer .. lot of the fancy mail order pellet snobs around with the " my guns will never see a crosman pellet " i only shoot h&n ( or the likes) ..lol. My ribs now hurt just thinking about that..😂

Ive so many crosman pellets get ruined by my guns.. its a shame..

Dude you buy and try. I had 2.50$ tin pellets shoot as good as $10 a tin . Then not. In the end cphp is all i about shoot 99.8943% of the time. Real high shot counts on guns of mine and i dont see " pellet damage" to any gun yet from shooting them. From old years old guns to newer .. lot of the fancy mail order pellet snobs around with the " my guns will never see a crosman pellet " i only shoot h&n ( or the likes) ..lol. My ribs now hurt just thinking about that..😂
How can you argue with success? One of my rifles shoot best with Crossman Premier pellets and I love them! And I order them from amazon! :)

Other than accuracy, will shooting cheap pellets damage or hurt my PCP? I do shoot with JSBs but shooting more now and most of it is plinking so it would be nice to save a few dollars with cheap ammo and go with the JSBs when accuracy is required.
My Cricket and L2 shoots the crosman hp from Walmart as good or better than JSB. @ 6.41 for 500. My barrels are fine after thousands of shots.

I just received some cheap pellets from Norma that turned out to be very high quality.

A few sample groups:

As of today the sale is still on. $4 for 300ct tins in .177 cal (1.3 cents a pellet), or 200ct tins in .22 cal (2 cents a pellet).

Just remember to experiment with speed too when pellet testing. I have a ton of xman pellets that my fx smooth twist barrel hated, or so I thought. I had read the ST wouldn’t shoot them well. Tuned at the normal optimum speed (850-875) it wouldn’t at all. Slowed them down to 750 and they are possible to shoot moa at 50. Generally a flier will kill that slightly but that is what it is with xman pellets. Overall they shoot very well at that speed though even though they are terrible up over 800

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Amazon. 500 cphp for 6 and a half bucks or so. I order enough to get free shipping.
Oops 1.3
I hope your order comes out of a caring amazon warehouse..

One order came just thrown in a box loose and banged around pretty good if it had to go another 100 miles i think they would of tore through the box and ended up loose on the truck/ trailer floor. Before these arrived i duped my first order but they were boxed nice with bladder packs and arrived in great shape.. each came out of a different location.

Package 1 and 2

amazonpellets2.jpg

amazonlackofpacking..jpg

I hope your order comes out of a caring amazon warehouse..

One order came just thrown in a box loose and banged around pretty good if it had to go another 100 miles i think they would of tore through the box and ended up loose on the truck/ trailer floor. Before these arrived i duped my first order but they were boxed nice with bladder packs and arrived in great shape.. each came out of a different location.

Package 1 and 2

View attachment 321894

View attachment 321895
Mine came like shown in your last pic. All the tins and pellets were fine. Between the cardboard backing and the clam shell they manage to survive just fine. They have been boxed like that for a long time. Now I would never order any other pellet thru amazon. They would be a freaking mess. Besides if its sold and shipped from amazon claims are quick and easy.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Crosman pellets really aren’t that bad, I know everything is personal gun specific, but they are half as expensive as JSB, they are sold at all Walmart stores, and from my experience as long as you wash and lube them they are really not that bad. All my guns shoot them at lease better than average.

My gun list
Crosman 2240
Crosman 1377
Air arms TX200
Senica Dragonfly Mark 2
Brocock sniper XR
FX impact mark 3

None of these guns hate crosman pellets. Very good for general purpose shooting.

And they are usually about $6 at Walmart for .177 and . 22