• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Used Wildcat MkII Purchase?

Hi, first post here! I've already learned a lot. I've never owned an airgun, but I'm looking forward to it!

I came across a Wildcat Mk2 for sale and wanted to get your thoughts if it is a good purchase. Here's the details:
.25 caliber, Optisan scope 4x12x40 & silencer. Hard case and 1 can of pellets. Been dipped and laser engraved. Shoots great and is sighted in. $950 OBO.

Is there a sticky on what to look for when buying a used airgun?

Do you know of a better deal? I think I'd like to stick with a .25 cal for my first gun.... seems to be a sweet spot, but what do I know!

468965-500x375.jpeg

914503-500x375.jpg

232223-500x375.jpg

I have the same gun and love it. It's a tack driver at 50yds. I get about 40 shots on a full charge. The JSB 25.4 shoots the best. Average velocity is 890fps. It a great feild gun but not as nice off a bench. If you want a gun to just shoot and not tinker with it's great. Only downside I don't like is the 8 shot mags. It's nice to have more plus there's no stop. If you don't keep track of your shots the 9th will be air.

If the gun is good shape, no leaks and shoots good then the price is fair.

Thanks for your thoughts Don-B.

Is there any known "weak points" I need to be aware of if I inspect it?
Had mine for four years with no problems. Fx guns aren't the most robust so you need to be somewhat carefull. It's not a gun you want to toss behind the seat of your truck. I just shot mine today and it's still holding sub moa 8 shot groups at 50 yards. If I was in the market of another I would snag that for the price.

The seller still isn't responding so that opens up my choices!

Any thoughts on the Wildcat Sniper as a field gun... I actually leaning to the VP
I just bought a wilgcat mk3 sniper bottle in 22cal. Very versatile. I have mine adjusted up for max power but can turn the wheel down from 7 to 1.
It's shooting HN 27gr slugs at 960fps into one ragged hole at 50 yards.

IMG_20220925_185055287.jpg

I can only get about 80yards at the house and it's still under one moa. At this power I'm getting over 60 shots.
Shooting 18.1 jsb at 950fps the impact point is almost the same. Just under 200 shots on a full charge.
The 15.9 jsb shoot really good to.
IMG_20221002_170918114.jpg
This is a full mag of 18.1 FX branded jsb. That's 18 shots at 50 yards. No change on scope settings.

That's impressive! You are getting me excited to purchase one. Do you notice a benefit of the Mk3 over your Mk 2? It has the 89cc plenum and dual regulators doesn't it?
Biggest difference is power.
The 25 cal mk2 makes 44-45 ft lbs of energy. The 22cal mk3 is putting out 56-57 ft lbs. That's the most I can get with stock part. I've heard with a heavier hammer 70+ ft lbs is possible with the mk3.
I would imagine a 25cal mk3 would be over 60ft lbs stock.
The mk2 that I have will not shoot slugs so it's pellets only. The difference in drop between the 2 guns is very noticable.

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately after multiple attempts to reach the seller, he ghosted me.

I happened to be in Northern Utah yesterday and stopped in Utah Airguns. Travis was a great help and I walked out with a Maverick VP with with an upgraded 580cc CF bottle and Athlon Heos BTR 4-20x50 optic!

Now I need to figure out how I want to fill it. :)

2198DB30-9E92-47F4-89A9-3E148F2DF4FD_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: sasquatch