Used SCBA tank fill assembly recommendation

I bought a Scott 45 minute tank like this for about this price but it was expired and had a valve. The valve it has does not permit filling my PCPs, however. For that I needed a fill set. I initially bought an inexpensive chinese made one off Amazon but it leaked terribly. Some reported they had made it work but it seemed iffy so I spent about twice as much on a replacement from "airtanksforsale.com". It works great. They have lots of this kind of equipment and I'm sure they could advise you on use of a Scott valve versus a different valve. I've had no issue with the Scott.

Here is what I purchased before I found a brand new one for an awesome price. It still has about a year and a half of certified life, and comes with the valve. Then you will just need a cga347 fill adapter. In my opinion the wrench tight one is better as you don't have to worry about springs getting damaged. I actually made my own adapter just a few days ago from high pressure fittings from hydraulic store. I'll post a picture of it if you want when I get home as well as parts list I used.

Here is what I purchased before I found a brand new one for an awesome price. It still has about a year and a half of certified life, and comes with the valve. Then you will just need a cga347 fill adapter. In my opinion the wrench tight one is better as you don't have to worry about springs getting damaged. I actually made my own adapter just a few days ago from high pressure fittings from hydraulic store. I'll post a picture of it if you want when I get home as well as parts list I used.

Yes please provide an image and parts list. Thank you.

Why not just get a "complete" SCBA with CGA347 valve & get CGA347 fill adapter off Ebay. The adapters are inexpensive but I've never had problems with any I've owned. Yes, there have been posts here about some problems but I believe the vast majority of people using them find they work just fine. The o-ring at the end of the CGA fill stem is the most likely part needing to be replaced (see pic) but that's minimal. Good to have spares no matter which fitting you own. I just bought 100 of 'em for less than $4 (Buna HARD - more durable) at McMaster-Carr 
16524011864292273549068712939739.1652401308.jpg

Reactions: jringenb
I went through and researched all the parts required and prices long ago. Not much stuff around from china or anywhere then. You can piece it together if you want of course. But the time and effort is not worth it for something you need to rely on. I finally got a setup from Joe B. and found it to be the right choice. It wasnt cheap but works perfectly.

20220513_165502.1652486262.jpg

Here is the picture of the one that I built. I don't have any issue with trusting that I did it correctly to hold up to 4500 psi. All the parts are rated to at least 5000. total cost was under $100 as I purchased a few of the fittings locally from a hydraulics store. The microbore hose was from huma and I purchased two of them (40 inch long). You can save a bit over the one Joe has for sale.