Used Regulators?

Just go new, couple reasons - 

You don't know what you get with a used regulator. Could be perfect condition, could be really bad

Regulators are relatively cheap. $120 for a Huma, or $69 for a Lithuanian model available on eBay, 

Last reason, I've never seen a used regulator for sale. Once installed, my bet is that no one ever removes it. Too much hassle.

good luck

There’s nothing wrong with buying a used regulator. It depend on the price and accepting the risk that it comes with.

That's how I feel as well! I also like to tinker and that was my original question. I'll rephrase the question. If one were to buy a used regulator, which one would be the most convenient to rebuild?

Counter point: Both the Audrius and the Altaros look very interesting. Something tells me to lean this way. Like addertooth said;

"Even at a marked down used cost, by the time you pay shipping, and the cost of a rebuild kit, you will probably be very close to new price."

But, I AM retired and I do like to tinker! It looks like the discussion is really between my ears.

Christopher

$69.00 audrius looks like this
1540047768_11517270395bcb43988c5f81.51688877_Mrod Reg.jpg

and while your learning do watch the ninja regulator rebuild videos . A regs a reg only a few ways to get there.

John