• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Used evol .22 short at AoA

Yeah, seems odd that a person that (I assume) lives in the US would spend that much money on a US made gun, and then be upset / annoyed at the way that the gun worked (or didn't) and not contact the manufacturer and give them a chance to figure out the problem and right it..!

A few possible reasons come to mind !

Also interesting, for the thrashing that I got about my few...(lets call them oddities) about the BRK Ghost, parts fit-up (rear stock fit), I found the Mini .22 that I bought VERY well built. While a couple of things I found odd, like no external regulator adjustment, and a crappy, rattly stock, the design, and actual machine work and part fit, appear second to none on the Evol guns, at least the one that I bought.

Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Arzrover
The Evols have very solid reputations. A little more information would be nice. Your buddies’ experience isn’t the norm for those guns.
It also has me intrigued and wondering why AoA would immediately post it back up for sale. I did get messages from others to stay away from this particular rifle though after I posted this.

The Evols have very solid reputations. A little more information would be nice. Your buddies’ experience isn’t the norm for those guns.
he got it and it shot terrible groups at 45 yards was shooting some 18 gr out of it and then he played with speeds some, then he shot his crickets and rti pp along side of it and was not even close, aoa was supposed to tune it for the 18 gr and they never did, was tuned for the 25 gr and he told them if the gun wont shoot 18 gr he didnt want it, she said it will shoot 18 gr just fine. when he got the gun they shot the 25 gr at 20 yards it wasnt that great, test target, i think no way should a gun like we are getting be tested at say 20 yards, shows zero acuracy in my book, so if thats a 25 gr gun which im sure its made for they sure should have said not a good gun for lighter pellets. i told him before he bought it might not be a 18 gr gun, so pobvly not the gun but the ammo he prefered to use and they said it wil shootthat gr ammo just fine, i seen the groups he shot and was terrible, not to say its bad gun its a hp heavy pellet slug gun im sure,

Reactions: L.Leon
@douger - is this the one which is for sale used at AoA? Sounds like something is just wrong with that barrel. The 15" I have shoots 18 and 25 JSB very well. Also shoot the 21gr Barracuda Match very well. .2165 NSA slugs are also shooting very well. I guess it happens but not good to hear that a bad one is just getting passed around used.

Reactions: douger
I'm going to say a few things here.

1) I have full faith in AoA's service department. Don is an incredible technician, he has vast knowledge of airguns and firearms with many years of experience; I trust his knowledge and diagnostics skills without question. Shane, the service manager, is also awesome in terms of professionalism and follow through. One of the reasons we chose AoA as our Distributor is their service capability.

Every EVOL purchased from an Authorized dealer or AoA comes with the AoA service department. This is a very valuable feature which AAA and the customer is paying for when they purchase; it's there for your you; please don't forget this is your main access to support. If there is an issue which AoA support cannot handle they will reach out to us and we will respond.

I cannot emphasise how important this relationship is to us,our dealers and AoA. If something is wrong - part fails, or slips through quality assurance we will know. The AoA service department regularly sends service reports to us. This timely communications allow us to implement any necessary changes to production immediately. This process made it possible to correct reservoir O-ring failures in one build cycle.

2) I see the term "barrel lottery" a lot. As a manufacture, let me assure you, we do not play the lottery with barrels. There is nothing worse for the bottom line than having poor performing guns come back to the factory for repair and/or evaluation. The cost associated with and EVOL is in the materials and labor to construct it to our standards. There is no cost buffer in the business model to repair or replace for non-conforming products like some manufactures allow; this why all efforts to build the best is put into the front end during design and manufacture.

As an example this is how our barrel QC and assembly operate:
* Barrels are sourced from the manufacture as blanks made from our proprietary tooling.
* Upon receipt, each barrels is cleaned and inspected with a borescope. If there are any interior issues like pitting. scratches, malformed areas, etc the barrel is rejected.
* Next they they are checked with custom pin gauges to make sure they are the correct size on both ends, if out of spec. they are rejected.
* Now they can move forward for threading. Barrels are cucked in a special collect chuck that allows all runout to be adjusted out, both axially and radially. If a barrel needs more than 0.0075" of adjustment it is rejected.
* After threading the barrels are crowned, then they are cleaned again, slugged for diametrical consistency and clean release from the crown. If there are subtle inconsistencies in the bore we will mark for additional polishing. If there is a serious inconsistency the barrel will be rejected.
* The final step is final polish. Now the barrel is ready for final assembly.

3) Rattling stock - EVOL is designed to be be fully AR-15 Complaint in terms of grip and stock selection. We all know that all enthusiasts like to make their own choices; this compatibility allows for this type of customization. Magpul was chosen because they are US made and considered to be the gold standard for quality and availability. Beyond the compatibility, having the ability to purchase good quality commodity parts at a price far below what we could ever duplicate at any scale allows us to concentrate and apply our resources to our core competency - the airgun itself. Like I said above, resources are spent on materials and machining that will provide performance. reliability, durability and a nearly unlimited service life.

What he’s saying is, the cost is justifiable. Ask anyone that owI

What he’s saying is, the cost is justifiable. Ask anyone that owns one!!
I have 3 EvoLs. Sure they cost a bunch but they are nice. Out of any airguns I have, had have, or has passed through my hands. None of them come close to the quality of an EvoL build wise. I have no worries about banging them around or keeping them in a soft case when I take them out. They always hold zero. Hell, Take it apart and put it back together they still hold zero.