• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Used equipment sell and trade questions

So I’m sorting through all of my airgun equipment, and have decided to do a little downsizing to make room for the new stuff on my list. As I don’t want to offend anyone and not receive offers I’m kind of curious on what your guys opinions are on the matter. Most of my is stuff is great condition. A few of the things are on back order a lot and kind of hard to come by, so do you think it’s reasonable to use that in price? I’ve always been right around %65 to %75 of new market value as a base and a little more if 9 out of 10 or near mint. I just kind of at a toss up as to whether using availability of item in price is a good or bad idea. Thanks in advanced for any input. 

As ImpactX says above, 25-30% off is a good place to start. However to more completely answer your question, you can absolutely factor in the relative scarcity of the item. I’ve seen lots of people ask (and get) 90% for almost new stuff (FX Impact M3s come to mind) when they are pretty much unavailable at retail. 

Some people won’t even look at it for that price, me included. Others will gladly pay that much rather than wait 3-6 months for one to become available at retail.

Generally though, if you want a quick sale lower prices are better.

Chris

One thing on the classified page that's not enforced very well here that on other airgun sights are strict about is requiring genuine original photos of the items for sale

It's so fricking annoying when you go the the ads here and there are zero pictures of the item for sale, other sights will not post your ad until you fix it and they can't be stock photos either, plagiarizing company photos

Why it's not enforced here is a mystery even though it's in airgun nation classified rules

So as a newbie to the classified, do us a favor by posting photos of your items for sale

Thanks

I look through the classifieds regularly and this is just my opinion. The only thing (generally) I would consider buying is higher end stuff. The lower tier items always are listed for darn near new price. It baffles me to know who on earth is buying these 300 dollar avengers for example? Seriously? I’ll order one for 350 from pyramid with a return guarantee. I literally just don’t get it. Heck ask within 50 bucks of new and you should be good. Often shipping is asked for on top of it. Literally perplexing. I will never pay it but obviously people do. 

I look through the classifieds regularly and this is just my opinion. The only thing (generally) I would consider buying is higher end stuff. The lower tier items always are listed for darn near new price. It baffles me to know who on earth is buying these 300 dollar avengers for example? Seriously? I’ll order one for 350 from pyramid with a return guarantee. I literally just don’t get it. Heck ask within 50 bucks of new and you should be good. Often shipping is asked for on top of it. Literally perplexing. I will never pay it but obviously people do.

+1

Its never made any sense to me either. I actually don’t think that these people actually sell stuff though. After all, there are usually about 10 pages of stuff for sale before you get to the “Sold” items in the Classifieds. That’s the stuff that has sat there for 2 weeks without an offer, or a sale.