USB Borescope discovery - transfer port alignment

This Teslong USB borescope was a bit of an impulse purchase from Amazon, but boy it's pretty cool. Here is my very first attempt using it. I fed it down the barrel of my Cricket II Tactical 60.

As you can see around minute 3:08 my transfer port alignment seems to be off and I'm probably leaving a few fps on the table until I correct it. I'm already thinking this is going to be a very good investment!

This Teslong USB borescope was a bit of an impulse purchase from Amazon, but boy it's pretty cool. Here is my very first attempt using it. I fed it down the barrel of my Cricket II Tactical 60.

As you can see around minute 3:08 my transfer port alignment seems to be off and I'm probably leaving a few fps on the table until I correct it. I'm already thinking this is going to be a very good investment!
That's a lot different than my bore scope.. I can only see in front of the camera. You have a link? As a besides,, that's a very easy fix for the trxfr port and those o-rings need changed unless I'm seeing things. Cool gadget.

Last edited:

Even the pregnancy utlra sound that gineclotist make on women (on which normal humans do not see anything but shadows) are clearer than your new Amazon toy !!!

That's a lot different than my bore scope.. I can only see in front of the camera. You have a link? As a besides,, that's a very easy fix for the trxfr port and those o-rings need changed unless I'm seeing things. Cool gadget.
Teslong bore scopes come with different 45 degree mirrors. Diameters for different calibers.

OFG

Thanks for sharing the vid, and the link for the scope that you used.

Rough or tight spot in the barrel leading, or just in between scrub downs?

Very neat video, thanks once again.

What is the easy fix? Pls describe it.
With the bore scope installed, loosen the set screws for the barrel and move the barrel back until the port is lined up. Your job is easier than I've had to do it in the past. Usually I mark the opposite side of the barrel from the trxfr port exactly. Then when I install and turn the barrel, I look into the set screw hole that was drilled for the exhaust port until I see the paint mark which is the mirror of the transfer port opposite.

Sorry for neglecting my own post... Life got crazy for a while and I had not time to re-align the barrel and post an update until now. Aligning it was simple (as expected) and the velocity with a correctly aligned port increased about 44 fps. It was shooting an average of 980 fps (38.6 fpe) with FX 18.1 grain pellets and now it is shooting them at 1024 fps (42.1 fps).

Here's the rough video. It should start at 1:44 which is where I start playing with the barrel alignment: