• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

USARB Updates

Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've recovered from a 5 week bout of Covid. All good now. Thanks to all that kept in touch.

Some updates from previous threads and ramblings.

1st. I have a new contact email up and running now. [email protected] Feel free to contact me.

2nd. Class changes starting the second half of our season May 1, (USARB website updated soon)

A. A new Sportsmans HV class will be formed allowing bipods, dual or single sand bags etc, to
encourage new shooters to participate against other like minded shooters. The thought is for
shooters to be able to enjoy our sport without competing against our top shooters and equipment.
Using equipment below a predetermined price point.
HV power and weight rules will apply. This will be a provisional class to see how well its recieved.

B. Open class WILL now allow electronic triggers (Daystate guns) trigger weight and power setting to be
made before the match starts and can not be adjusted during a match. Match director to confirm compliance.

C. The Unlimited class will be unsupported starting this season. If I get a lot of pushback I'll consider bringing it back.

Spring Piston, LV and HV will remain unchanged.

This may seem insignificant to some. But it's what members requested and represents a fair amount of clerical work
for our webmaster Steve Ware. A volunteer position. Please throw him a thank you if you agree.

Lastly, I discussed donations to support our team competing at the Worlds. This is proving to be more difficult than I hoped.
We have to form a legal non-profit and file a tax return yearly. So far we haven't found a way to keep it cost prohibitive. But still working on it.

I'm encouraged by new clubs joining and recording scores. North Berwick, Me as announced a Northeast Regional shoot June 15,16 and 17 this year.
I'm very close to announcing outdoor matches at my local club (Harvard Sportsmen's Club, Harvard, Ma) very soon.

I'm seeing renewed interest in our sport. Lets keep it going.
Thanks to all for your support.

Mark

Last edited:
Hi All,

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've recovered from a 5 week bout of Covid. All good now. Thanks to all that kept in touch.

Some updates from previous threads and ramblings.

1st. I have a new contact email up and running now. [email protected] Feel free to contact me.

2nd. Class changes starting the second half of our season May 1, (USARB website updated soon)

A. A new Sportsmans HV class will be formed allowing bipods, dual or single sand bags etc, to
encourage new shooters to participate against other like minded shooters. The thought is for
shooters to be able to enjoy our sport without competing against our top shooters and equipment.
Using equipment below a predetermined price point.
HV power and weight rules will apply. This will be a provisional class to see how well its recieved.

B. Open class WILL now allow electronic triggers (Daystate guns) trigger weight and power setting to be
made before the match starts and can not be adjusted during a match. Match director to confirm compliance.

C. The Unlimited class will be unsupported starting this season. If I get a lot of pushback I'll consider bringing it back.

Spring Piston, LV and HV will remain unchanged.

This may seem insignificant to some. But it's what members requested and represents a fair amount of clerical work
for our webmaster Steve Ware. A volunteer position. Please throw him a thank you if you agree.

Lastly, I discussed donations to support our team competing at the Worlds. This is proving to be more difficult than I hoped.
We have to form a legal non-profit and file a tax return yearly. So far we haven't found a way to keep it cost prohibitive. But still working on it.

I'm encouraged by new clubs joining and recording scores. North Berwick, Me as announced a Northeast Regional shoot June 15,16 and 17 this year.
I'm very close to announcing outdoor matches at my local club (Harvard Sportsmen's Club, Harvard, Ma) very soon.

I'm seeing renewed interest in our sport. Lets keep it going.
Thanks to all for your support.

Mark
I like these changes. Note though that the Daystate guns that I and others like to shoot in BR have electronic/solenoid hammer/valves as well as electronic triggers. So you might delete the current "no electronics" limitation and focus on how you describe the required trigger location (to rule out remote triggering)