US Optics warranty service is horrible!

here is my experance with us optics , I bought a B25 5x25x56 with the Horus reticle , I liked the reticle It was a $3500 MSRP scope , I mounted it on my trusty Edgun R5m and went out squirreling I spotted the first enemy in a chestnet tree 70 yards I went for a headshot and I said heck I forgot to flip the flip cap cause it was black to my surprise it was flipped I went home kind of uspset as first time i used it only mounted and did a boresight and shot 19 slugs to get my zero ,
Now first off , I love my scopes I have tried all optics and just love glass better then my guns , OK so I called USoptics and spoke to repair , I said it is like flip cover is not open well 2 guys laughed and said ohh guess not enough glue on the occular tube sleeve and it become unlogded and slid and covered lens , I listened for like a few minutes and got pissed off , Not because my scope broke but these units were ones being deployed in combat , I said dude this happens a soldier dies you think this is funny? . I bit my tounge got my RMA and sent to USO 2 day air , I called them many times and they said well we have to fix government contract models first anyway I got back my scope 6 months and the windage turret was locked up the balls fell out and it was just assembled jamming them into turret , I took it apart and got it working ,
I have used all companies from time to time heck I had a $6500 PM2 with a Tremor -3 reticle with a freaking insect hair leg in it , it was like looking threw a microscope anyway tthey had scope 48 hrs it was sent back perfect and they sent me a schmidt bender scope cleaning kit with , Vortex and Nightforse is also A+ . I dumped my scope I loved it but I sold it because of their service ,
LOU

I wrote them another email last night and copied a link to this thread. Guess what I received in my inbox this AM?

"Sir,
I apologize for not getting back to your previous emails. I dropped the ball on that and it is unacceptable. Your scope has been repaired and is currently in final QC and you should receive return shipment tracking either today or tomorrow."

I wrote them another email last night and copied a link to this thread. Guess what I received in my inbox this AM?

"Sir,
I apologize for not getting back to your previous emails. I dropped the ball on that and it is unacceptable. Your scope has been repaired and is currently in final QC and you should receive return shipment tracking either today or tomorrow."

That would be the last time I gave them my hard-earned money. poopty customer service is unacceptable on a $3000 plus anything. Hawke had my $230 scope replaced in under two weeks. Thanks for the warning on a piss poor vendor and good luck.

I too has an UNSATISFACTORY dealings with USO last year.
Had a TS-20 that simply was not clear having a somewhat muddled reticle where definition of 1/2 mil markings was fuzzy no mater how adjusted.
Sent it in, got similar run around .. upon return of stating it was "Tuned Up" and adjusted .... IT WAS THE SAME !!!!

Still have it if someone wants it Cheap ... look me up :ROFLMAO:

And everyone likes to kick China around,LOL. We use to make good products long ago.
China is a country, not a company. There are companies in China that are capable of just as much quality (perhaps more) than U.S. or Euro companies. Most Chinese companies specialize in delivering what is asked: dirt cheap stuff that kinda works. If you look hard, you will also find Chinese companies that deliver top-notch products - but not at the dirt-cheap prices to which you've become accustomed... Unskilled labor in China is cheap, but machine time, skilled labor, and excellent finish are expensive no matter where you get them..

I'm not a marketing guy, but I think U.S. firms have made a mistake chasing the low-cost competition. Quality is always a value and these days fewer and fewer U.S. firms produce quality and more and more Chinese firms are starting to...

I'm American, and very Pro-American, but it's just not honest to pretend that everything made in China is somehow not as good - especially when al huge percentage of "American" products are made in China...

GsT

16 years ago I bought a used USO 3.2-17 FFP. After I received it and I looked through it the IQ was unacceptably bad so I sent it in for repair. It was returned back to me within a couple weeks very much the same.

Nothing about this $1700 scope was exceptional in any way and I haven't bought a USO since. Back then it was Horus, USO, or S&B if I wanted a FFP scope. Had Horus already which weren't very good either as far as build quality(poor tracking but great reticles for holds) and S&B was out of my price range, so I went with NF SFP for a few years.
Then I bought a IOR FFP :rolleyes:o_Owhich broke, LOL.

Man tough times back then but bit the bullet and bought a S&B as soon as I could.

Reactions: Dairyboy