Airgun Technologies Urugan

There are some threads of some months ago saying that the balance valve cause some problems.

Vulcan 3 do not have that problem, but has a "ping" at shot that need a "de-pinger" available at Talon Tunes.

Any of those two models are EXTREMLY accurate and build like a tank. Both will shoot perfectly both pellets and slugs.

Disadvantage in regard of BRK Ghost is that Ghost can change calibers and have two manometers and is easier adjustable.

Advantage in regard of Ghost is that Ghost just shoot perfectly pellets, not slugs.

Depending of the use and ammo you want to shoot, on any of those you can have a SUPER rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dabmasterdulock
Bought Uragan 2 and Vulcan 3, both .30 (700mm) synthetic stocks, beginning of 2023, from Krale (Netherlands.) AGT re-designed balanced valve for U2 but mine had old style that failed after few months. Krale replaced valve, under warranty, I paid shipping. Of the two guns, U2 is much quieter, smoother functioning, less ammo fussy and more pleasant to shoot. Both have similar power, accuracy, excellent ergonomics and shoulder smoothly. V3 needs moderator and depinger to be backyard friendly, U2 doesn't. WM
IMG_20230926_171805.jpg

U2 .30 700mm, couple of best groups of the day with 49gr Zan off bench and bipod. Shoots the JSB KOs good too. I didn’t have good accuracy with 44gr pellets. I will be trying out other slugs in the future. Top notch build quality and materials, beautiful guns.
Bought from Talon Tunes, a pleasure doing business with Tony.
IMG_3131.png

IMG_3130.png

IMG_2973.jpeg

Last edited:
Just to say.. All new Vulcans are now equiped with "depinger" from the factory ! ;)
Agreed, mine had one but investigated why there's still a considerable "ping," as compared to U2. Photo is OEM depinger, opening should be consistent oval shape. Replaced with another from Talon Tunes, "ping" still noticeable. Nature of the beast, I guess, likely a non-issue if I didn't have U2 to compare side-by-side. WM
IMG_20240227_103408.jpg

U2 .30 700mm, couple of best groups of the day with 49gr Zan off bench and bipod. Shoots the JSB KOs good too. I didn’t have good accuracy with 44gr pellets. I will be trying out other slugs in the future. Top notch build quality and materials, beautiful guns.
Bought from Talon Tunes, a pleasure doing business with Tony.
View attachment 439906
View attachment 439907
View attachment 439908
Tested 11 different slugs, from 3 manufacturers, in U2 and V3 .30 (700mm). AVS .3063 (61 grain) had high accuracy but discontinued use due to excessive loading force. Top 3, by far, in order of accuracy, NSA .300 (61.5 grain), ZANS .30 (59 grain), ZANS .30 (54 grain). NSA, with shipping, is .23 per slug, ZANS (59 grain) @ .13 per slug from PA with, "Buy 4, Get One free," and 11-14% discounts that show up around holidays. Future testing of additional brands, 59 to 62 grain range, would be beneficial, in meantime, keeping .30 magazines loaded with NSA (61.5 grain). WM

Reactions: Joekrooz
Tested 11 different slugs, from 3 manufacturers, in U2 and V3 .30 (700mm). AVS .3063 (61 grain) had high accuracy but discontinued use due to excessive loading force. Top 3, by far, in order of accuracy, NSA .300 (61.5 grain), ZANS .30 (59 grain), ZANS .30 (54 grain). NSA, with shipping, is .23 per slug, ZANS (59 grain) @ .13 per slug from PA with, "Buy 4, Get One free," and 11-14% discounts that show up around holidays. Future testing of additional brands, 59 to 62 grain range, would be beneficial, in meantime, keeping .30 magazines loaded with NSA (61.5 grain). WM
@WorriedMan I haven’t tried anything that heavy, Tony had my U2 tuned at 1000 fps with 44gr pellets, seems perfect for 49-50 gr slugs so far, I was going to place order for AVS slugs around 50 gr maybe .303, he has a bunch of diameters and weights. I’d rather give Stephen the business, he’s right “up the Island” from me. There's too many choices to try them all though, would like to find the magic pellet. Maybe I have already?
I have a bunch of Zan and JSB slugs to shoot through first before I order anything else yet. I have anout 3 or 4 boxes of Nielsen’s that I haven’t even tried yet.

@WorriedMan I haven’t tried anything that heavy, Tony had my U2 tuned at 1000 fps with 44gr pellets, seems perfect for 49-50 gr slugs so far, I was going to place order for AVS slugs around 50 gr maybe .303, he has a bunch of diameters and weights. I’d rather give Stephen the business, he’s right “up the Island” from me. There's too many choices to try them all though, would like to find the magic pellet. Maybe I have already?
I have a bunch of Zan and JSB slugs to shoot through first before I order anything else yet. I have anout 3 or 4 boxes of Nielsen’s that I haven’t even tried yet.
Out-of-the-box, V3 shot JSB 44.75s @ 986 FPS, U2 @ 984 FPS. U2 had decent 50-yard accuracy, V3, not so much. Knew barrels were for slugs so started search. Wasn't comfortable with AVS .3063 forced loading so moved on. Bought ZANS .30 assorted slug box which included 6 grain sizes, 45.5 to 68, and ZANS .303 in 51 and 61 grain. U2 and V3 clearly preferred .30 (59 grain), followed by .30 (54 grain), ZANS .303 were so-so, 61 better than 51 grain. Ordered AVS .3003 60 grain and NSA .30 61.5, AVS so-so, both guns hole-in-hole with NSA. Clear to me .30 slugs in 59-62 grain range are preferred. Several other brands, in that grain range, I'd like to try when budget allows, but NSA .300 (61.5 gr) are impressive. Will order more, for sure. WM

Joe,
If you can, grab a box of ZANS .30 (59 grain) slugs with next order from PA. If your U2 likes them like mine, try NSA .300 61.5 grains, think you'll be pleasantly surprised. WM
I really thought I’d be wasting my time with heavier weights, appreciate your input, probably wouldn’t have tried them. I found some other assorted Zan, including the 54 and 59gr, also NSA in 45,47 and 50gr. I’m going to try the heavier Zans hopefully this Friday. Hard to find the time and also have the weather cooperate when range is open.

Reactions: WorriedMan
I really thought I’d be wasting my time with heavier weights, appreciate your input, probably wouldn’t have tried them. I found some other assorted Zan, including the 54 and 59gr, also NSA in 45,47 and 50gr. I’m going to try the heavier Zans hopefully this Friday. Hard to find the time and also have the weather cooperate when range is open.
Had no clue which grain slug would work other than 60 grain AVS .3063. Working thru the ZANS .30 assortment box a few times with each gun, became readily apparent 59 and 54 grouped best. Same process with ZANS .303, 61 grain beat 51. Agreed, I'm no slug genius but even I can spot a pattern. Be mindful that first or second shot of a different grain slug can produce flyers, best guess is some sort of barrel conditioning. Several other brands I'd like to try, next time I see ammo sales, I'll collect more. WM