• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX URGENT HELP(Fx magazine issue) FIXED

Orions mags are tight to seat at first, make sure to push it all the way home, it’ll snap into place. The FX mags are the same to a lesser degree.
Mine never snapped into place at all. They did give me an issue here or there (just got the gun recently from another member) so maybe they are just worn out. Thanks for the heads up

Pull the barrel out and see if the feed hole will even line up with the leade (barrel inlet)

The mag should have a recess that slides over the end of the barrel.

If it does line up, either something is off with the mag, or the barrel is seating too far back into the reciever
I will try this!

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Here is a pic of the mag seated: from what I can tell it’s as seated as its always been. I even removed the cover and slid in the mag to watch the probe and it still hits high left.

I checked barrel screws and everything is solid.

IMG_0440.jpeg

Fixed: So I’m an idiot, a big one. The other day I mounted an additional mount to my scope to accommodate my night vision. This was preventing the mag from seating all the way by just a 1/16”. Really dumb mistake but lesson learned. Sorry for a wasted post but I learned a lot lol! Thanks to all who responded!

FX Crown. 18 round mag feed issue.
All of a sudden I went to load a mag into my gun and tried to push probe forward it wouldn’t go. Checked all the obvious stuff and can’t find an issue.

Single loaded a pellet no problem, the issue is definitely with the mags (I have 2) and neither will work. Took one apart and lost the ball bearings but even with the other one I cannot get a pellet or slug to feed from the mag.

Update: I noticed the probe is hitting the one part of the mag (upper left) of where it feeds the pellet. Took the probe off and it’s perfect. Tried to push the probe manually into the mag while in the gun and it still hits. Tried rotating it and everything it just will not feed and hits upper left.

I’m leaving tomorrow morning for a big pesting job, please help !!

View attachment 391009
So glad you got it fixed that would have driven me crazy. Did you find the ball bearings you lost when disassembling the first mag?

You are correct! The issue has been fixed. I’m going to post why in the top of the original post.
When mounting a scope it is convenient to check that the magazine comes in in place and out, freely.

Later on if you can see the whole circle through the scope.

Then to confirm that vertical axle of reticle is perfectly plumb, to avoid canting.

Fortunately your problem was the easiest to solve !!!!

I'm glad for you!

Reactions: Dairyboy and TC724
Yeah, I prefer to have my scopes as low as possible. Unfortunately a lot of airgun rotary magazines require higher than I prefer, and the scope ring availability can make it even higher. The adjustable height scope rings like FX makes, and others, can allow the lowest mounting possible with the rifle you’re configuring.

Reactions: TC724
So glad you got it fixed that would have driven me crazy. Did you find the ball bearings you lost when disassembling the first mag?
Lol I am fortunate enough that it was an easy fix! And no I did not but I will just order them from FX I guess. Unless someone knows there size I can probably get them from Amazon.

Another aspect to take into consideration is that if some weeks ago you were able to shoot without any problem and later on the magazine was touching the scope, than means that the rings were loose and the scope was able to move rear and forward.

Loose rings affect accuracy !!!
Well even worse, I mounted a ring (upside down) to hold my camera screen for night vision. I thought it was clearing the mag and just overlooked checking it.

Well even worse, I mounted a ring (upside down) to hold my camera screen for night vision. I thought it was clearing the mag and just overlooked checking it.
I did something similar on my RAW. I mounted a new scope and didn't notice that the bottom of the scope (the part under the turrets) slightly interfered with the mag. Then, even more stupidly, I inserted the mag against more than normal resistance. Then, even more stupidly again, I pushed the lever forward against abnormal resistance. The result, I bent the probe. So, I called Martin and admitted my stupid mistakes, and he sent a new probe.
The lessen learned? Never underestimate your maximum stupidity. It can rise to unprecedented heights!