FX URGENT HELP(Fx magazine issue) FIXED

Fixed: So I’m an idiot, a big one. The other day I mounted an additional mount to my scope to accommodate my night vision. This was preventing the mag from seating all the way by just a 1/16”. Really dumb mistake but lesson learned. Sorry for a wasted post but I learned a lot lol! Thanks to all who responded!

FX Crown. 18 round mag feed issue.
All of a sudden I went to load a mag into my gun and tried to push probe forward it wouldn’t go. Checked all the obvious stuff and can’t find an issue.

Single loaded a pellet no problem, the issue is definitely with the mags (I have 2) and neither will work. Took one apart and lost the ball bearings but even with the other one I cannot get a pellet or slug to feed from the mag.

Update: I noticed the probe is hitting the one part of the mag (upper left) of where it feeds the pellet. Took the probe off and it’s perfect. Tried to push the probe manually into the mag while in the gun and it still hits. Tried rotating it and everything it just will not feed and hits upper left.

I’m leaving tomorrow morning for a big pesting job, please help !!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rcs9250
I really dont no?i was just thinking that maybe theirs a grub screw on the side that would line it up?Can ya take the bolt out and look at it?
Yeah I did take it out and tried to manually push it through the mag with the clear cover off so I could see it and it just hit high left of the hole. It was perfect yesterday and hasn’t moved from its case so I’m baffled on what could happen. I ordered a new Orion mag just to see if it changes anything. Now I have to feed single slugs all day tomorrow which will be night mare

No gunk built up on the back of the mag where it seats against the end of the transfer port? Or on that side of the transfer port itself? Seems like your mags aren't seating all the way. Made sure the probe was straight when you took it off?
I agree, mine use to kinda snap into place…now years later it just slides in with no “snap”.

Has it ever fed correctly? Something is mis-aligned, and there are only so many places that could be.
It did give me an issue a few days ago where I couldn’t pull the probe back from the mag, but it was bc a pellet shifted inside the mag or something and I was eventually able to work it free. Didn’t give me any issues after that

No gunk built up on the back of the mag where it seats against the end of the transfer port? Or on that side of the transfer port itself? Seems like your mags aren't seating all the way. Made sure the probe was straight when you took it off?
I did check that as well and I cleaned up any gunk I could find (almost nothing) and it still didn’t feed. I agree with everyone it seems like it’s not seating correctly but it’s odd it just happened to both mags out of no where’s and yes the probe is fine, i checked it twice. I just don’t understand how it happens out of no where, the gun literally hasn’t moved since I last used it, inside its padded case

Reactions: TC724