• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uramex Bottle Caps

So I have been looking to added a few targets for my backyard range. I live in a slightly wooded area and I have managed to get targets out to 60 yards and 100 yards. I came across the Uramex bottle caps and I thought they would be fun. I mean all my wife does is drink water from bottles, so why not get some extra use out of them. I ordered some and they arrive this afternoon. I immediately went to try them out.

To my disappointment, they will not fit on the water bottles she drinks. We don't really drink my soda here but I did manage to find one bottle of orange soda I bought my daughter a little over a week ago in the recycle bin. I filled it with a little water, and then some a few shots of compressed air (my air was leaking so I gave it a good shot and then quickly pulled out the needle). I then put the bottle down range and gave it a shot.

What a bad idea, it sounded like a M80 went off in the back yard. I didn't think I had that much air in there... and I didn't think it would be that loud. Nobody showed up, but I don't think I will be using those again.

Is there any was to soften the blow on those? Maybe by filling the bottle with mostly water and then shooting the water vs having the bottle be mostly air?

I just love a 3-liter bottle charged to about 100psi.

A package of automotive valve stems is cheap. Drill a 1/2” hole in the bottle cap with a step drill or Forstner bit. Insert the valve stem. Ta da!

The thin-wall water bottles are too flimsy. 16oz soft drink bottles work well, as do 2L and 3L for those who want to summon law enforcement.

I just love a 3-liter bottle charged to about 100psi.

A package of automotive valve stems is cheap. Drill a 1/2” hole in the bottle cap with a step drill or Forstner bit. Insert the valve stem. Ta da!

The thin-wall water bottles are too flimsy. 16oz soft drink bottles work well, as do 2L and 3L for those who want to summon law enforcement.

Yep, it's all about the boom! I use a bicycle pump and inflate to 100 PSI as well. 2L soda bottles sound like a 12 gauge shotgun going off. I'm over 50 but I laugh like a little kid when I get to shooting those bottles.

James