• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan windage out at range

So how would you prevent or reduce spin drift ?

Also it seems the uragans and vulcans are prone to this, whilst the impacts I have tried with 45yd zero and then shooting at 100yd distances and with the same pellets are not.

You just have to compensate for spin drift. Nothing can prevent it. Slow the twist rate and it lessens the effect. 

Another variable is the Magnus effect:

Overall, the effect of the Magnus force on a bullet's flight path itself is usually insignificant compared to other forces such as aerodynamic drag. ... The stability of the bullet is affected, because the Magnus effect acts on the bullet's centre of pressure instead of its centre of gravity.

An STX, ST or polygonal barrel is going to help lessen the Magnus effect, IMO. 
1582411224_2234486775e51add8ed11e4.94106547_6EC3BCFC-356F-4462-B1F8-A72F11784885.gif

I think the problems is that the scope needs to be moved a little bit clockwise. 

Make this test:

A) The rifle is zeroed at 75 yards and hits left at 20 yards and right at 110 yards, it's needed to rotate the scope clockwise.

B) The rifle is zeroed at 75 yards and hits right at 20 yards and left at 110 yards, it's needed to rotate the scope counter clockwise.

Always try to have the horizontal line of the reticle perfectly plane. An small inclination of the reticle will hit right or left. 

Are you shooting using crosshairs or holdover marks? If using hold over marks try adjusting your scope "UP" in elevation so you can use the crosshairs. if the problem goes away your vertical reticle is not plumb. If you are using your crosshairs no, adjust down and hold over. That should troubleshoot if the scope is the culprit. It works in my mind anyway.

Sparky