Uragan (updates as I learn the gun)

What FPS are you pushing 15.9g and the 18g pellets at?

Well, in the .22 I have the 25.39 redesigned shooting at 940 Huma reg at probably 118 (according to their sticker which could be off). But thats from a full size so, longer barrel. But this also means that the weights you mention are simply unusable for me. I've only had the .22 a few days so can't say I'm settled on that speed yet. I let off the HST a little and got to 910-920 but the spread increased. To me this means if if the lower speeds are better for this gun/pellet, I'll need to reduce the reg a few bar and start testing again with the HS.

Shoot a full string over a chrony if you can and let us know the Avg speed etc, and what happens at the tail end of the string when it falls off the reg. (FPS starts falling, or does it jump UP for a few shots). 

Shoot a full string over a chrony if you can and let us know the Avg speed etc, and what happens at the tail end of the string when it falls off the reg. (FPS starts falling, or does it jump UP for a few shots).

I'll try to get out this weekend with it and my chrony. My only issue is having to take it to a range and not having enough air to shoot more than a couple fills to do lots of tuning. Hopefully the wind will calm down tomorrow morning or the next and I'll get out. If you are pushing 940 with the 25g then I would think I could get the 18g up to that with the compact, but we will see. I hate having to remove the stock to adjust the HS. Maybe I can add a hole in the stock for access to the grub screw and notch out one side, and add a gear style head to the HS screw to allow for adjustment without disassembly.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I didn't like that the HS can only be adjusted by removing the stock. Well, I fixed that issue and I think it came out looking clean and working nicely. I used a gear from a Traxxas RC car to create teeth to to adjust the HS screw. I had to turn the gear shaft on a lathe to get it down small enough to fit inside the HS adjuster. Now I can loosen the grub screw through the small left hole, and the use a small flathead screwdriver to adjust the HS using the larger of the 2 holes. I am looking for small little plastic or rubber plugs that I can pop in to keep dirt out. 
1595617308_18049442405f1b301c35a149.95919220.jpg

1595617309_10801558365f1b301de91c90.02124284.jpg

1595617311_3695456005f1b301f932da7.65392268.jpg

1595617312_12810004785f1b3020b854a4.51314437.jpg

i found out how to adjust the trigger,,,,where the tube goes into the back of the gun,,,just above that is a grub screw,,,at the side is a locking grub screw,,,undoo the locking grub screw and turn the sear adjusting grub screw clockwise to reduce creep,,,allwaise test the gun for accidental let off after adjustment,,ie,,,bash it about a bit to see if it goes off on its own,,,you can view the sear as you adjust it and see how much shelf you have left,,,hope this helps any one

Thanks a lot.

Just made the trigger adjustment in my Uragan 22 Cal.

A lot of improvement. Now it is predictable and adecuate.

Well, I spent a bunch of time at the range this morning. I was about ready to scrap my compact. The accuracy was all over the place. We are talking 4-5 inch groups at 50y. Then I pulled the moderator off and it started shooting lasers. Groups of 12 got down into sub 1" just shooting quick off a bag. After looking down the center of the mod. I realized that the baffles are not centered and it was causing major pellet clipping. Time for a new mod.

Shooting JSB 18g Diablo at 865fps, JSB 16g Diablo at 913fps and Hades 16g at 905fps.

i found out how to adjust the trigger,,,,where the tube goes into the back of the gun,,,just above that is a grub screw,,,at the side is a locking grub screw,,,undoo the locking grub screw and turn the sear adjusting grub screw clockwise to reduce creep,,,allwaise test the gun for accidental let off after adjustment,,ie,,,bash it about a bit to see if it goes off on its own,,,you can view the sear as you adjust it and see how much shelf you have left,,,hope this helps any one

Thanks a lot.

Just made the trigger adjustment in my Uragan 22 Cal.

A lot of improvement. Now it is predictable and adecuate.

I did the same with mine after reading this thread over and over thanks for all the information guys! But I do have a question there are two screws one on each side of the stock that have to be removed to take the stock off plus the one in the grip. What size bit do you use? It appears to be a "star" or torx bit of some kind the closest fit that I could find was a #10 torx and that seemed loose but I made it work, I would like to find the proper bit.

Thanks!

Well, I spent a bunch of time at the range this morning. I was about ready to scrap my compact. The accuracy was all over the place. We are talking 4-5 inch groups at 50y. Then I pulled the moderator off and it started shooting lasers. Groups of 12 got down into sub 1" just shooting quick off a bag. After looking down the center of the mod. I realized that the baffles are not centered and it was causing major pellet clipping. Time for a new mod.

Shooting JSB 18g Diablo at 865fps, JSB 16g Diablo at 913fps and Hades 16g at 905fps.

I assume the mod in question is the stock AGT one. If you have a chance toss a washer over the shroud threads and put the AGT mod back on. is it square/flush or could the threads be off? The washer alone might solve your problem and line things up better but I'd be surprised if an aftermarket mod didn't make it more friendly. 

I assume the mod in question is the stock AGT one. If you have a chance toss a washer over the shroud threads and put the AGT mod back on. is it square/flush or could the threads be off? The washer alone might solve your problem and line things up better but I'd be surprised if an aftermarket mod didn't make it more friendly.

The guy I bought the gun from said it's a DonnyFL, must be an older model. I can see the baffles inside blocking part of the path. I think the baffles came loose when he shipped it to me. Not his fault, probably the brown guys handling it roughly. 

I just put the Huma in my 22 compact (108 bar) and set it up for Hades at 880 and it shoots the JSB 18's at 855. At 50 yards both pellets have the same POA/POI. Right now the 18's shoot a tighter group. I will work on more chrony work early next week. When setting up the reg we got a lot of duplicate readings with the 18's right at 855. I gassed up the rifle to 270 and shot 22 Hades and 22 18's and I was down to 150 on gauge while sighting it in.

Tony P

I just put the Huma in my 22 compact (108 bar) and set it up for Hades at 880 and it shoots the JSB 18's at 855. At 50 yards both pellets have the same POA/POI. Right now the 18's shoot a tighter group. I will work on more chrony work early next week. When setting up the reg we got a lot of duplicate readings with the 18's right at 855. I gassed up the rifle to 270 and shot 22 Hades and 22 18's and I was down to 150 on gauge while sighting it in.

Tony P

My compact is set to 110bar with the huma and I'm pushing a little higher for than you with HS adjustments where they are currently. I am getting the same results as you, tighter groups with the 18g than any others and my POI/POA is almost identical from 25y to 50y. Very slight but almost unnoticeable drop on POI at 50y. I'm getting about the same, 4 mags in that same range of air. I think I can get about 7(ish) mags from 300bar to off reg. 

So I'm going to tune the .30 'backwards' I found the HS tension I'm comfortable with for tigger control and sound. For a good bit of the shot string it shoots around 840fps with the 44.75's. Results on target are better than I've had at higher speeds. Problems is that now I need to lower the reg to match this. Big time ramp up in FPS on the tail end of the fill so in this case, need to lower the reg and start over.

Hi all

i have some problem with hammer spring adjustment with huma reg

my huma reg have been set at 135 bar,but it seems that my hammer can't open valve correctly , if i tighten more ,the rifle couldn't cock ,if i set lower , the spread become wide and first shot speed after idle time ~ 10m/s lower than rest

can anyone have solution?

(Uragan 0.22 aim to 25.39 red to ~ 940 or more)