Uragan Standard Synthetic vs RTI Prophet Performance

Am trying to make a decision on buying a high-end PCP to be used for pesting – ground squirrels, eurasian doves, pigeons, etc. out to 100+ yards. Kind of up in the air on caliber – .22 cheaper and more available vs more knock-down power with .25. Have my choices narrowed to either a Uragan Standard Synthetic or a RTI Prophet Performance. How is the Uragan to work on? The RTI is said to be pretty straight-forward in that respect. The fact that one can easily change calibers with the Prophet is a plus too. This will probably be my one buy once/cry once PCP purchase so I want to make the right decision.

Which one do you think you will feel more comfortable to shoulder and shoot?

Both are super accurate.

RTI allow change of caliber. 

RTI are JEPP ( just the enough pieces provided).

Well, I'm left-eye dominant so having the cocking lever on the left means either rifle would work OK. The way the magazine is on the Uragan I don't think it'd be an issue for a lefty & I believe the mags on the Prophet can be inserted from either side. I wish I could shoulder both before buying - might try checking to see if any Airgun shops here in the greater NorCal area might have either in stock but it's doubtful. My gut is leaning to the Uragan as being more comfortable. 

I have both, though in different barrels.

I'd say that it's either a coin toss to the winner, or the one that you like visually better.

Both are excellent guns, shoot well. Both from what I've looked into are, mechanically designed well.

The Uragan is a little lighter (the weight is closer to the shoulder) and easier to shoulder (for me). The Prophet needs a longet butt stock plate.

You can't go wrong with either one, both excellent choices.

Mike

Uragan All Day Long! Unreal build quality. Only production AG I've ever seen with a fully lapped and polished bore. Unreal! 

96 yards, near 100 fpe, (added Huma reg and opened the port in barrel. Only mods done), 47.2 gr. hand cast slugs on steel plate. And 5 at 96 yards, ctc just barely wider than 1/4", and this mornings target first shots. Adjusted scope two clicks right and 1 click up for breeze. Turns out, 1 click too much. LOL!!! First shots from it this morning. Dead nuts on.

NO poi day to day. Woo-Hoo!!!

Knife
DSC02842.1627144950.JPG
DSC02843.1627144956.JPG
DSC02844.1627144960.JPG
DSC02845.1627144965.JPG
DSC02789.1627144994.JPG
DSC02790.1627145001.JPG
DSC02791.1627145008.JPG
Three squirrels taken, all three straight thru the ear at 56+ yards. Fantastic hunter! Cant post the pic's here I don't think. I'll show one that is not too messy. Mod's, feel free to remove the pic id needed. I will post it below so the entire post is not deleted if needed. 

Knife

IMG_2721.1638073572.jpeg

I've had this Uragan 22 compact for a few years and it has not had any issues: air leaks or something broke. It just keeps shooting and shooting. I can't say how many pellets have been shot but its used all year round. I have two friends with Uragan 22 compacts and another who wants one because its so quiet compared to his 22 and 25 wildcats w/ moderators.

I had the muzzle rethreaded to accept the Hugget snipe moderator because the two factory moderators weren't quiet enough. I get 80 shots with the Huma/hammer spring set for 880 fps and single digit velocity spreads with quality pellets.

It cannot shoot on an empty mag.

I honestly think the Uragán is a better platform. I’ve been deep down in both and The Uragán is a bit better. It’s not multi-caliber and you do need to make some added effort to change reg pressure but in my opinion it’s a more robust and better quality build.

The RTI paint-ball type regulators have had some issues with creep and finickiness. It’s ergonomics definitely leaves something to be desired. With all that said, I’ve done well with the .22 Prophet Performance but I did choose to add another reg to help the factory unit. 

Reactions: Hapo