Uragan slugs

I've tried the NSA's in 31.7, 33.5 and 34.7, even sized each to .250, .249 and .248. Also tried the VK's in 31.5. 

I have the gun shooting 33.95 JSB's very nicely on target at 75y with a muzzle velocity at around 890fps. (I don't have notes on the speeds of the slugs but they were slower). I didn't want to mess that up so while I did play with the hammer spring to tweak speed up/down a little with each of the slugs tested, I did not make any larger changes (regulator). Note that my test of the VK's was a fail from the start. The batch I received was just ugly. I know others have spoken highly of these so I'm assuming I got some leftovers.

I couldn't get any results that compared to the pellets. Nothing stellar at 75 or 100 yards. If your are thinking hunting use... I wouldn't have taken a shot at a squirrel at 75y with the slugs from a rest on my bench, with the slugs.

Every barrel is a little different, mine seems to be on the 'snug' side. 

I'm happy shooting the pellets but not done with slug testing yet, thinking about a little work with the bore paste or finding the motivation to turn the reg up and see what happens with slugs in the mid 900's. The pellets shoot so well I'm reluctant to do anything that might alter that.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
I've tried the NSA's in 31.7, 33.5 and 34.7, even sized each to .250, .249 and .248. Also tried the VK's in 31.5. 

I have the gun shooting 33.95 JSB's very nicely on target at 75y with a muzzle velocity at around 890fps. (I don't have notes on the speeds of the slugs but they were slower). I didn't want to mess that up so while I did play with the hammer spring to tweak speed up/down a little with each of the slugs tested, I did not make any larger changes (regulator). Note that my test of the VK's was a fail from the start. The batch I received was just ugly. I know others have spoken highly of these so I'm assuming I got some leftovers.

I couldn't get any results that compared to the pellets. Nothing stellar at 75 or 100 yards. If your are thinking hunting use... I wouldn't have taken a shot at a squirrel at 75y with the slugs from a rest on my bench, with the slugs.

Every barrel is a little different, mine seems to be on the 'snug' side. 

I'm happy shooting the pellets but not done with slug testing yet, thinking about a little work with the bore paste or finding the motivation to turn the reg up and see what happens with slugs in the mid 900's. The pellets shoot so well I'm reluctant to do anything that might alter that.

JCD zero your Uragan to 45-50yds and shoot a 100yd group see if you have horizontal movement please if you get chance.

Mine shoots the NSA Eco-33.6-250HPFBs exceptionally well. I am going out to test both HN and Knockouts this weekend. Here's the group from last weekend. I was tuning my RTI Prophet 30.

target_practice.png