• The Airgun Nation App is ready for iOS users! It should be available for Android users any minute! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Uragan or Uragan 2 .30

Looking to purchase an AGT Uragan 2 in .30 to shoot JSB 44 gr. exclusively, not sure if this is more of a slug gun or will it be accurate with pellets. Not interested in shooting slugs. Thinking 600mm barrel or would I be better with the 700mm? Is 700mm going to be overkill for pellets?
Would I be just as happy with the Uragan and save a few bucks or should I go for the newer U2?
Any helpful suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Well I had that same dilemma I chose the Vulcan 3 do it's unlimited power It shoots 34 grain pellets at 989' fps and shoots slugs 34gr slugs at 960'fps both were very accurate but the slugs shot the best at 100 yards
20230125_160341.jpg

I have heard the Uragan and Vulcan do not share the same valve design. I believe one has a balanced valve and the other does not, but can’t remember which is which. I’m kinda in the same boat as you except I’m thinking Uragan II or Vulcan 3 in .22 instead of .30.

Uragan hasbalanced valve, Vulcan does not.

Joe,
This month Krales delivered a synthetic stock Uragan 2 (700mm) .30 to my door for $1365.24, plus $66 Duty Fee. Specifications list 96 FPE. Shooting JSB 44.75 accurately out to 150 yards is a breeze. Got to say I'm liking the balanced valve and the longer barrel. Do yourself a favor and order one, you'll be glad you did. WM

If its for hunting I recommend the 600. You can easily get the same MVs out of the 600 mm barrel with 44.75 JSBs.

I have two Uragan gen 1s. The 22 compact was converted to 25. The 30 shortened the barrel 4 inches and an FX 300cc bottle installed. I call it a mid-size Uragan. It looks like this one but with a plastic stock and made by the same person.

U1-25.jpeg

Reactions: Joekrooz
Joe,
This month Krales delivered a synthetic stock Uragan 2 (700mm) .30 to my door for $1365.24, plus $66 Duty Fee. Specifications list 96 FPE. Shooting JSB 44.75 accurately out to 150 yards is a breeze. Got to say I'm liking the balanced valve and the longer barrel. Do yourself a favor and order one, you'll be glad you did. WM

@WorriedMan That is a great price, wow. I had to look last night, they won’t have the one I want for a month or so and I’m impatient so I ordered from Talon Tunes. I ordered the 700mm, still not sure if I want the 600mm instead, most shooting will be 50-100 yds but the thought of being able to stretch it out to 150 and beyond is very appealing.

@PaulYosh I really like the looks of yours, always liked the shorter ones, I think that’s why I like bullpups so much better than traditional long rifles.

@flatpick65 good luck with your decision, I’ve been mulling this for a couple months now after deciding on the Uragan.

@Rohmpm thanks for clarification

Joe,
I totally agree. I bought my Uragan2 in .30 cal, 600mm barrel from Krales. I could not be happier with them or the gun!

@WorriedMan That is a great price, wow. I had to look last night, they won’t have the one I want for a month or so and I’m impatient so I ordered from Talon Tunes. I ordered the 700mm, still not sure if I want the 600mm instead, most shooting will be 50-100 yds but the thought of being able to stretch it out to 150 and beyond is very appealing.

@PaulYosh I really like the looks of yours, always liked the shorter ones, I think that’s why I like bullpups so much better than traditional long rifles.

@flatpick65 good luck with your decision, I’ve been mulling this for a couple months now after deciding on the Uragan.

@Rohmpm thanks for clarification
Joe,
Waiting for an airgun seems to be a given, have 8, waited a month, or more, for all but my Taipan Veterans. Saved $500 over Talon Tunes, so patience can be more than a virtue. Think 700mm was a wise choice, increased power and accuracy, at distance, is a valued prize. WM

Joe,
Waiting for an airgun seems to be a given, have 8, waited a month, or more, for all but my Taipan Veterans. Saved $500 over Talon Tunes, so patience can be more than a virtue. Think 700mm was a wise choice, increased power and accuracy, at distance, is a valued prize. WM
I know, I know, I wanted the green laminate stock so I would have saved a couple hunge, I want this thing yesterday though, so I’ll pay for my impatience, not a very wise man, lol! Thanks for reassuring me on my purchase, I’m a second guesser too!

I know, I know, I wanted the green laminate stock so I would have saved a couple hunge, I want this thing yesterday though, so I’ll pay for my impatience, not a very wise man, lol! Thanks for reassuring me on my purchase, I’m a second guesser too!
Joe,
If you're like me, and never sell any part of the collection, all is well. If planning to sell, short of losing your shirt, you'll need to list a price at, or near, what Krales offers for new. Ever notice AGT products in Classifieds seem to hang around awhile? The impatient, or those not familiar with Krales, eventually purchase, and seem very satisfied, so, a happy ending. WM

I think the 700 is overkill for 50-100 yds. The 600 can easily reach out to 100 with power and accuracy (even at factory reg setting). 700s are great for shooting out to 150 yds or more.
Agreed, my problem is I've scared the nuisance crows so much they don't come closer than 70-80 yards, often collecting in a huge dead tree @ 130 yards. My Wildcat MK3 Sniper (700mm) .30 didn't have the juice, so had no choice but to get the U2 (700mm) .30. (How's that for rationalizing another gun?);) WM

Agreed, my problem is I've scared the nuisance crows so much they don't come closer than 70-80 yards, often collecting in a huge dead tree @ 130 yards. My Wildcat MK3 Sniper (700mm) .30 didn't have the juice, so had no choice but to get the U2 (700mm) .30. (How's that for rationalizing another gun?);) WM
Hey, you do watcha gotta do 👍

I think the 700 is overkill for 50-100 yds. The 600 can easily reach out to 100 with power and accuracy (even at factory reg setting). 700s are great for shooting out to 150 yds or more.
I’m ready to shoot past a hundred, hopefully I’ll get it out to 150-200 yds to see if it will group