• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan or Taipan

Guess I'd say the same in reverse, have no experience with the Uragan. My Veteran Standard is .22. It is accurate, has been totally dependable, simple, built like a tank, extremely quiet, and has a great trigger. I can only think of two features that might be negative, depending on your preferences and need. First, and obviously, it is a bullpup. The virtues of it being short and handy, carries the cost of making it more difficult for most folks to shoot, just simple physics. Second, if you are a hunter, you better be a stand hunter, because this thing is heavy (the price of that robust build). With scope, mine weighs 10.5 pounds. I believe you could drop it out of a tree stand and still have a good zero, it is just extremely solid, something I have found rare in air rifles. 

I too have a Taipan Vet in long (.25 cal though). As mentioned above only con I can cone up with is they are heavy. I went with the Vet because I hand pump, and I’m glad I did - hand pumping the Uragan seems like it would be a pain since the bottle is larger (then again, I’d get more shots before I had to re-pump). 

I’d recommend calling both Tony at Talon Tunes and Charlie at Georgia Airguns and get their perspective (ended up buying my Vet from Charlie and had an amazing experience). I know from my conversations with them they were honest and steered me in the direction that fit me best at the time. I also talked with someone at RL Airgun Supply (can’t remember their name) and they were helpful as well. Don’t be afraid to call some of the shops that sell both and get their perspective. 

I've been waiting for a bit to say anything as I bought a Uragan Standard from Tony at Talon Tunes and I wanted to get some pellets through it before any comments. All that I can say is WOW great gun mine is a .22 and has shot great from day one! It seems to be very pellet friendly shooting the JSB 15.89, 18.1, and the Hades all shoot very well there is a bit of different POI with the Hades from the other two about 1 moa and actually the 15.89 seems to be the most accurate but more testing to be done on that. The trigger is not a nice as my Huntsman but then not many rifles are as good as that is but is more than OK for what I plan to use it for. And it has been in and out of trucks stored in the soft carry case that it comes with bumped around stuffed behind the seat not abused but used and the POI has not changed one little bit. 

I was looking for a Taipan Veteran Long but could not find one so went with the Uragan and don't regret it one bit! 

Reactions: zx10wall