Airgun Technologies Uragan or FX in 25 cal

I thought a long time about getting a dedicated slug gun. When I watched videos of how to adjust the Vulcan 3 and Uragan 2 regulators, multiple dis-assembly and re-assemblies required, de-gassing the whole bottle, reg tester (Vulcan, +$180 none commercially available for the Uragan that I'm aware of) de-pingers, oversize bores in .25 and .30 (why'd they do that?) and paying tuners for ONE projectile, I decided my FX Impact M3 in 600mm is my best bet. I can make it be whatever I want it to be, without sending it anywhere, and the platform is mature. I did consider the Panthera, but to me, the gun is just too long and unwieldy, and the current situation at FX does not make me want another. I see no current airguns that would interest me. For now, the eight guns I have from .177 to .357 (doubles of a couple cal's), are about as good as it gets.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I had an Uragan and ended up trading it for an Impact.
The Uragan was shooting perfection. Reliable, accurate... so why the trade? It just didnt 'fit' me. I cant explain it. I still wonder if I made the right decision. I would happily recommend an Uragan, but for me, it just wasnt the right gun.

As for accuracy, at my shooting ability, I saw no difference in the two.
I added a 3/4” butt spacer to my Uragan 2 and it now feels and shoots perfect for me!

So I have a Mav 25 Sniper 500 and 700mm barells, Dreamline 22 compact, Uragan 25 and Vulcan 3 25 700mm.

If you want to shoot pellets out to 100 keep your FX.

For me the main reason I bought a dedicated slug shooter (the V3) was it has been a windy year and slugs just shoot tighter groups in the wind period.
I like many things about FX guns and I love my Mav, but I think FX has the poorest regs, they are small compared to others and my Uragan and my V3 are way more consistent than the Mav, which I have tuned and have thousands of shots thru.

At 50 yds everything I own will shoot touching hole groups with the right pellets and tune.

The best thing is the V3 unchoked barrel is great with slugs.

So unless you want to shoot at 100 plus yds and in the wind, you are not going to gain much by changing guns.

But it is always fun to get a new gun.

Reactions: Emu
My .25 Uragan is a sexy killing machine. Everything about it feels high precision, smooth operation, not a hiccup ever. It carries so easily. I shoot slugs when hunting, drops groundhogs in place. I can switch to pellets and with a few clicks of the scope it's shooting dead on again. I don't fool with the regulator.

DF0-C8-B15-8-AE7-450-C-93-BA-305-A6-DAF2041.jpg

Reactions: BBGunn and L.Leon
I really appreciate your comments guys. Was not aware of the Taipan 2. Looks good also.
I am basically a paper puncher with slugs.
Also was not aware that the European guns are not as easy to adjust as the FX

Very few guns are as adjustable let along easy to tune. If you shoot pellets then tuning isn't that big of a deal. BUT if you want to shoot different slugs then the ability to tune is very important just like getting a precision rifle and develop a load for it. Some people likes to stick with 1 ammo but some of us like to try the new slugs as they come out, its up to you.

Personally if a PCP is not easy to tune then I wouldn't bother with it but that's just me.

Regardless of brand, once you enter a certain level of high end product, if tuned properly will be lights out. The real mitigating factors are ease of adjustment, durability and steadiness in maintaining that setting- suseptability to POI shifting after being bumped. weight, versatility- slugs and pellets, whatever. We all have that curiosity as to how the gun we don't have will perform, but usually are limited by funds. Any gun can be highly recomended, but you may not like the feel, it's all subjective and each shooter is their own person. Unfortunately, trial and error is the only way, but honest feedback from other members will help avoid some purchases that would not be compatible before the money is spent.

I second that. If you buy an AGT, Kalibrgun, or Ghost from anyone other than Derrick at Tenacious Airguns you’re selling yourself short. He’ll make sure the gun does what you want it to (pellets or slugs) and the trigger will be perfect. Simply the best.
I triple that :giggle:

But yeah, I know these platform intricately. I don't claim 7-step accurizing fluff but what I do is properly test the PCPs and setup best for your purpose; trigger to crown!

Last edited: