Airgun Technologies Uragan or FX in 25 cal

Have had a. 25 Panthera 700 for a year and thinking of selling it and buying a Uragan 2. Most everything I read puts the AGT guns as the most accurate out there. My Panthera is very accurate but often wonder if I am missing something.
Call up Charlie at Georgia Airguns. He will set it up perfect for you. I bought a cricket II from him and it was perfect. The Eastern European rifles are known as dependable no fuss, grab and go rifles.

Have had a. 25 Panthera 700 for a year and thinking of selling it and buying a Uragan 2. Most everything I read puts the AGT guns as the most accurate out there. My Panthera is very accurate but often wonder if I am missing something.
I have a Panthera Compact Hunter in .25 and a Vulcan 3 700 in .30 Cal (among many other PCP's).

If you think for any reason that shooting slugs will give you a plus, then buy the Uragan 2 or a Vulcan 3.

Other way use your money to buy more ammo.

I have a Uragan .25 that Derrick tuned for me shooting 33.4 FX/JSP pellets and it is extremely accurate to and past 100 yards. I have a Vulcan 3 30 that I shoot almost exclusively with slugs. I have a Panthera Compact Hunter in 25 that for sub 100 yards with pellets and it is also accurate enough for precision hunting. I hate to say it but I like them all! Your 700 would be in line with the Vulcan 3 or Uragan 2 with the same 700mm barrel. As @Emu says "Can't go wrong with either!"

I guess the first question would be pellets, slugs or both, followed by at what distance, and for what purpose (paper or hunting. I know I can buy a gun and have it tuned for a specific projectile, but I'd hate to want to change to a different or my first choice become unavailable and have to send it off to be retuned. The ease of making those changes myself is a significant factor to me.

Last edited:
You guys are missing the point. Some of us just like to shoot with out all the adjustments. Both my Vulcan 3 and my Uragan 2 are 700 m barrels the Uragan 2 is a 25 cal and my Vulcan 3 is in 22. Both shoot lights out, right out of the box no adjustment necessary. I mostly shoot prairie dogs with them and have taken them over 200 yards with both. If you want a great gun that shoots both pellets and slugs you cant go wrong with AGT

Reach out to @zx10wall, Derrick, and he can set up a great shooting rifle for you. Vulcan or Uragan....

Tony P.
I second that. If you buy an AGT, Kalibrgun, or Ghost from anyone other than Derrick at Tenacious Airguns you’re selling yourself short. He’ll make sure the gun does what you want it to (pellets or slugs) and the trigger will be perfect. Simply the best.

Reactions: swNCsw
No, I'm not missing the point. You can do the same thing with an FX gun. I have an Impact M3 600mm that I set up the day I got it (1 1/2 years ago) and have not touched it since. You can order an FX from MANY dealers set up for a specific projectile, and no adjustment will be necessary as well. Just leave it alone and shoot it. When going from an FX to another brand, just make sure you are aware of what you are giving up, and yes I have owned AGT's, Crickets, Edguns, Daystates, Falcons, Theobens, and most other brands made in the last 30 years. I have no affiliation with any one brand, dealer or tuner. If you do go with an AGT or Cricket especially, Derrick Wall is one of the best tuners. I think he's so good he could probably even tune an FX-if he wanted to.

To anyone familiar with adjusting the regs on an FX guns, here's how it's done on an AGT:

Easier if you can find a reg tester to buy. Certainly doable, but about as much fun as a colonoscopy without anaesthesia.

Last edited:
Call up Charlie at Georgia Airguns. He will set it up perfect for you. I bought a cricket II from him and it was perfect. The Eastern European rifles are known as dependable no fuss, grab and go rifles.
I also love my cricket II tactical.60 in .22 cal

IMG_7523.jpeg

Reactions: L.Leon
Tony @Talon Tunes does very well at shipping an AGT or Taipan that is set up to use out of the box, also. I've gotten a U2 in .25, V3 in .30, and Taipan 2 in .25 from him so far. They all just work, no adjustments needed except for my part on the scope set-ups.

Tony @ Talon Tunes is a great guy to purchase a gun from. I picked up my RTI from him. When I had a reg issue a few months down the road he was great to deal with. Takes care of his customers.

Reactions: jakeb
I had an Uragan and ended up trading it for an Impact.
The Uragan was shooting perfection. Reliable, accurate... so why the trade? It just didnt 'fit' me. I cant explain it. I still wonder if I made the right decision. I would happily recommend an Uragan, but for me, it just wasnt the right gun.

As for accuracy, at my shooting ability, I saw no difference in the two.

Reactions: Macros