Uragan King change of shroud design.

19CC3D98-EBE7-42BB-9B2F-3DE05305E9D8.1640026278.jpeg
Just wanted to make a post about changes that have been made to the Uragan King’s shroud internals. Hopefully it saves someone some time or frustration. 

I ordered the fatboy2.0 last week from SPAW and I also ordered the King 1/2UNF adapter from Donny, intending to use it on the Uragan King in .30 The fatboy is about the exact diameter as the shroud and would be short enough to not be awkward. It just looked like it was perfect for the Uragan King size-wise to me. 

Prior to buying this rifle I had seen videos of the Uragan King being fired and had heard it making the crazy “jet” sound, but mine didn’t do that. I assumed it was a smaller caliber that made the unusual sound and thought no more of it. Until Friday when my Donny adapter arrived and I couldn’t attach it to my rifle. After a couple exchanged emails with the folks in Florida, it became obvious that the design has changed from the original baffle stack to the new monocore you see pictured here. 
Just a notice for folks who may want an adapter for the King, if your rifle has the old baffle stack then the adapter works, if it’s the new monocore then there is no adapter available. 

pnwairgunner

Whats the serial number on yours? I just got a king in 30 and mine must be the older one because it makes the jet sound ( thats one of the reasons I got it ) ...lol. That and the cz barrel .. But. Have you contacted the guys at Donny Fl to see if they would do you one its a little bit more to have them make a custom one but wouldnt hurt to email them and see if there willing to do it 

Dan 

pnwairgunner

Whats the serial number on yours? I just got a king in 30 and mine must be the older one because it makes the jet sound ( thats one of the reasons I got it ) ...lol. That and the cz barrel .. But. Have you contacted the guys at Donny Fl to see if they would do you one its a little bit more to have them make a custom one but wouldnt hurt to email them and see if there willing to do it 

Dan

Yeah I talked to Donny. They don’t have any interest in making one for it I don’t think, and I don’t want to drop a ton of dough for a one-off adapter. Maybe if enough people showed interest they would design one. 
My serial is 2170022 and I got it from AOA. Hahaha I agree the cool sound was one of the reasons I wanted to get it too, but I’m happy as can be with it as is. I would say this is probably quieter than the jet sound ones. Have you opened your shroud to see what’s inside yet?