• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan compact or EDgun Leshiy?

Needing a new gun. Owned a full size uragan.. too big for my taste, currently own a wildcat, and love it. Anyways.. loved my the quality of my uragan, and almost regretted selling it. But the leshiy seems sexy as well, but maybe more of a novelty over quality? Anyways.. love to hear some opinions on these. And wanting. 22 cal

Consider a Lelya.

1592963673_8870598215ef2b259ad3db7.74098075.jpeg

Very compact. Very accurate. Very robust/durable. Multishot. Great off-hand or off a bipod.

My opinions.

I have had the Leshiy and Lelya and kept the compact in 22. Leshiy great single shot easy to change calibers if you want...Lelya great shooter hits hard both I had were in 25 cal. I bought a compact ....better trigger, smoother cocking, quieter...each has their good and bad properties but I kept the compact in 22. I had a Taipan Veteran and miss it. If you want a 22 The compact is great if you want a 25 taipan or Lelya are nice also...taipan has a much better trigger in my opinion

Tony P

The Leshiy is a tank, and the folded size is what separates it from others. The gun open is close in size to other compacts, lacking multiple shots, and a trigger that is not on par with other guns you mentioned. My gun shoots the 18 grain 22's very accurately at low 800 fps. Without touching any adjustments and changing to a 350 mm 177 barrel, the gun shoots the 10 and 13 grain very accurately. When shooting longer distances with a 22, I've had great results, with less drop shooting guns in the 880 range. With mainly bullpup shooting it did take me some time to master offhand shooting. It's niche gun that I would buy again.

Look at the Uragan...Compact. Great little gun.

I have both the Uragan "Compact" and a Lelya 2

Both have their good points. Overall, I like the Uragan Compact better.

The Compact is roughly an inch longer than the Lelya2, but both guns are well within the "bullpup" length. I believe the Lelya 2 is the...or one of the shortest (store bought) "rifles" on the market.

My main complaint with the Lelya vs. the Uragan Compact, is the cocking. The Uragan is much smoother, quieter, easier to do. A plus with the Lelya 2 is the cocking lever on both sides. Even though I'm left handed, I much prefer the lever, forward, on the left side, just like the Uragan Compact has it. If the Lelya were smoother, it would be a tossup.

Mike

I have both the Lelya 2.0 and the Leshiy; no complaints about either. I bought the Lelya used here a month ago- it's been a hammer and absolutely amazing. Incredibly easy to shoot offhand (the only way I shoot) and my girlfriend is Annie-freakin'-Oakley with it. The Leshiy... is in a class by itself. Sure, only single-shot.

Nothing beats it in the woods for hunting small game. I can go from .177 and low-power to big-bore critter-bashing in minutes, literally. I've spent some time documenting settings and power levels with my .22 shorty and lojng barrels, have a 350mm .25 barrel on the way, and a .177 400mm barrel will be coming eventually.

There's no doubt the BP-17 is an awesome little pop-gun. I'm contemplating them hard, but the Lelya shoulders extremely well, it has dual-cocking, and ergonomics in general are superlative. I love the simple magazine design... And still prefer shooting my Leshiy more. For traipsing in the woods (or canoeing) there's literally no other PCP I'd prefer having with me.

Regarding the Leshiy in particular: these are not novelty airguns. They are simple, high-quality, robust, and accurate hunting/pesting tools that are as close to perfect as I could ask. Are they niche guns? Well, if your niche is sitting at a bench or table and pesting at 80+ yards, or perhaps if you are competing in EBR or similar, the Leshiy is not in your "niche". For getting out and actually carrying an airgun afield, there's nothing I own that I consider as enjoyable, durable, and easy to shoot accurately anywhere, except perhaps my Blue Streak.

Got all three here. The Uragan compact in .22, thee leshiy in .22 and .25 and the Lelya in .25. 
the Uragan has better trigger, it’s quieter, magazine fed and higher shot count. But it’s a tad bigger And not as powerful. If you want portability and don’t mind the single shot, go Leshiy. I take mine camping with a buddy bottle and a hand pump. The Uragan with a DonnyFl Koi it’s supper quiet, and you get 64 regulated shots per fill. I’ve shot pigeons at 100 yards with the Uragan and NSA slugs 17gr. 
The edguns are power houses. They will deliver that power and as mentioned by another user, they tanks. Extremely robust. 
Hard to choose but if I could only have one, I would go Uragan Compact. It’s extremely accurate, quiet 12 round magazine and it still compact.