Uragan barrel removal -or- Dang it, I blew out my barrel o-ring!

I wanted to share my experience of blowing out the barrel o-ring in my Uragan (standard) and getting it back in place.

I had the barrel o-ring blow out last night and after trying a few times to cajole it back into place the angles were fighting me and I resigned myself to figuring out how to pull the barrel in the morning.

Woke up today fresh and ready, found this post from a couple years ago…

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/uragan-standard-how-to-remove-barrel/

Super easy to do. Pulled the barrel, the o-ring eased back into its groove, everything went back together without a hitch, I couldn’t be happier.

Big thanks to Pickzilla for asking the question and thanks to all who responded but especially Derrick Wall and Charlie Frear for what I found to be the most helpful posts.

No barrel removal method

I bought a used Uragan 25 on AGN. I noticed a small puff of air coming out by the magazine when shooting. Upon further examination I could see an O ring on the probe clear at the back of the magazine opening. It didn't look right to me. I called Charlie and briefly talked to him. He noted I'd probably have to remove the barrel. Absolutely hating to take things apart, that I know are shooting accurately to begin with, I thought about it for awhile, came up with a plan and did this. 

*place rifle in a cleaning rest aimed in a safe direction

*magazine out

*action open all the way

*safety on

*shroud off

*straw spilt and inserted into muzzle for crown protection

*flat tipped .22 jag on cleaning rod, carefully inserted into bore up to breach area where you can just see it

*O ring smeared between fingers with a TINY amount of silicone grease

*squeeze O ring together, insert into breach as upright as possible-like 45 degree angle-so it bumps into the jag at the top

*hold the bottom of the O ring down and push forward with a plastic blunt ended dental pick (or similar) until the bottom of the O ring pops into the bottom of the groove. On .25 caliber the groove can just be seen with good light. Hold the O ring down with the dental tool and gently push the top back with the jag into the groove. Done, ressemble.

.25 caliber this was easy

.30 caliber would be really easy

.22 caliber probably wouldn't be too bad

,17 caliber could be a p.i.t.a.