Uragan 2

Does anyone have experience with the URAGAN 2? Their spec sheet states that the wood stock version weighs 7.5 lbs. Although the weight of the carbon fiber stock version is not listed, logic would dictate that it should weigh no more than 6.5 lbs or less so I ordered one just for that reason (I am 86 years old so I don’t do guns much over 6 lbs…un-scoped. When it arrived, it tipped my postal scale at a hair under 8 lbs!!!?? I returned it (at my expense) and am waiting to see if the seller charges me a restocking fee.
BTW, I had a lengthy discussion with the dealer befor ordering. He had just gotten them in and didn’t know any details other than what was shown on the manufacturer’s spec sheet but agreed that it should weigh about 6.5 lbs.

Most of the weight of the uragan is from the gun itself..the difference in stock weight is merely a few ounces at best.. not even my U1 that is 3 1/2 inch shorter is that light.. if you want power in a shorter package maybe the new rti compact offering is the one for you..
I have been eyeing the RTI compact. Do you know it’s actual weight….. not the published weight ( sorry for the
Most of the weight of the uragan is from the gun itself..the difference in stock weight is merely a few ounces at best.. not even my U1 that is 3 1/2 inch shorter is that light.. if you want power in a shorter package maybe the new rti compact offering is the one for you..
i have been considering the RTI compact. Do you know the actual weight… not the manufacturer’s published weight? Also the shot count in .22 at max power? Sorry for being skeptical. I have known manufacturers posting high shot count but neglected to specify at sub 12 fp. I recently returned an AEA rifle ( at my expense + restocking charge) because I, and a much younger and stronger friend, could not cock it one handed! I placed the stock on my bathroom scales, pressed down as hard as I could with the heal of my hand on the cocking knob and it cocked at around 60 lbs! I didn’t measure the trigger weight because I was afraid it might damage my trigger gauge. It had to be close to 10 lbs.
( yes, I suggested to the dealer before sending it back that the gun must be defective)
I’m learning! My next purchase will require the dealer to tex or email me the exact specifications before shipping.

Reactions: SHOMER
I have a Uragan .25 and an RTI Prophet Performance. Of the 2, the RTI is definitely lighter. I shoot both with either a bipod or a hunting tripod. I will say that I like them both, but for bench work, the Uragan has a little better feel to me, but both are accurate as hell! The RTI is easier to "tote" around and I have 2 barrels and it is very easy to tune. For you and the weight I would probably take the RTI as it is a couple pounds lighter overall. I have big scopes on both 6x24x50 so that evens the reg style out. I have a 700cc tank on the RTI so shooting the .22 instead of the 30, I can get over 100 shots before a top off (haven't kept a good record yet...). of course .30 drops off a lot sooner. You can't go wrong with either! Hope this helps

I really need a moderator for my Vixen. Do you know where I can get an end cap with 1/2 UNF adapter?
Huma have their range of moderators, and you can get rifle end cap for them all with a few different threads,,,, i would not like a thread adapter.
So i need one with M14 thread for my Vulcan 3, but also picking up a 1/2 UNF end cap so i can use it on other rifles.

I have a Uragan .25 and an RTI Prophet Performance. Of the 2, the RTI is definitely lighter. I shoot both with either a bipod or a hunting tripod. I will say that I like them both, but for bench work, the Uragan has a little better feel to me, but both are accurate as hell! The RTI is easier to "tote" around and I have 2 barrels and it is very easy to tune. For you and the weight I would probably take the RTI as it is a couple pounds lighter overall. I have big scopes on both 6x24x50 so that evens the reg style out. I have a 700cc tank on the RTI so shooting the .22 instead of the 30, I can get over 100 shots before a top off (haven't kept a good record yet...). of course .30 drops off a lot sooner. You can't go wrong with either! Hope this helps
Thank for the info. I have some light weight PCP’s but was looking for more shot count thus the Uragan which didn’t work out. My favorite is the AGT VIXEN …7 lbs with two fully loaded mags, magazine holder, suppressor, aftermarket buttstock, red dot scope and sling. Next is the Artemis P-15 at just over 6 lbs scoped (.22 ..85 shots at 890 fps).