Tuning Uragan 2 with JSB Monster RD

I finally got around to doing a quick tune with my Uragan 2 in 22 cal with the Monster RD pellets. 15 yard indoor range in the basement from a decent rest. I don't think I am capable of shooting any better than these groups anymore at my age with so I think I will call it good and leave it there for a while. Velocities noted on the targets are in yards per second. Anxious to try it at 50 yards. Is 835 fps sufficient for the Monster RD to 50 and perhaps 100 yards?

I could not get groups this tight with the JSB Jumbos at the same hammer setting as the velocity was 945 fps. To equal the Monster RD groups I had to back the hammer spring out 4 full turns.

• Reg turned down slightly from factory setting. The JSB Jumbos were supersonic.
  • Hammer Spring turned in 4 full turns from "flush" with the receiver
  • 15-60x Athlon Ares
I don't really have a grasp on hammer spring settings, but the velocity for the Monster RDs was almost identical at 2 turns in vs 4 turns in on the hammer spring, but accuracy improved a bit over several 5 shot groups to compare. Is the Jumbo or the Monster RD the better choice for 50 yards to 100 yards at similar velocities?

1693152066615.png

I finally got around to doing a quick tune with my Uragan 2 in 22 cal with the Monster RD pellets. 15 yard indoor range in the basement from a decent rest. I don't think I am capable of shooting any better than these groups anymore at my age with so I think I will call it good and leave it there for a while. Velocities noted on the targets are in yards per second. Anxious to try it at 50 yards. Is 835 fps sufficient for the Monster RD to 50 and perhaps 100 yards?

I could not get groups this tight with the JSB Jumbos at the same hammer setting as the velocity was 945 fps. To equal the Monster RD groups I had to back the hammer spring out 4 full turns.

• Reg turned down slightly from factory setting. The JSB Jumbos were supersonic.
  • Hammer Spring turned in 4 full turns from "flush" with the receiver
  • 15-60x Athlon Ares
I don't really have a grasp on hammer spring settings, but the velocity for the Monster RDs was almost identical at 2 turns in vs 4 turns in on the hammer spring, but accuracy improved a bit over several 5 shot groups to compare. Is the Jumbo or the Monster RD the better choice for 50 yards to 100 yards at similar velocities?

View attachment 383929
Right on, thanks for the info. I researching my next hunting rifle and have the V3 .25 cal one a short list.