• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan 2 VS RTI Prophet II

Prophet II or Uragan 2

• Prophet II

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Uragan 2

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
Well, i'm the OP of the thread and I ended up with the uragan 2.

I'm happy with my decision. The gun is really great! Its not fussy with ammunition and the consistincy its really good. And personally I find it to be really beautiful.
It does not have the "ping" problem of the vulcan 3. At least mine does not.

In the end its a decision between two different concepts. The uragan is more of a "set it once and leave it" gun, while the prophet with the external adjustments its more of a "thinkering" option.
There is not a bad choice here. There are different persons.
That really helps to steer me in the right direction. Not being fussy with ammo and being consistent is going to be right up my alley, and I too like the looks of the Uragan 2. What stock and barrel length did you end up getting? And does the AGT estimated shots per fill come close to what you're seeing?

I’ve owned or relatively extensively used a few of both and my vote goes to the uragan 2. This relates to 0.22 high power variants only- 600mm barrel for the prophet and 700mm for the uragan.

Both have excellent barrels for both slugs and pellets, but the ridiculously massive transfer port (on my specific prophet at least) had sharp edges that were shaving certain projectiles and needed polishing out. Overall the uragan 2’s barrel was more impressive to me since it shot almost any 0.218 slugs in the 23-27gr range absurdly accurately with the factory tune, with 25.5gr zan travelling around 965fps and 25gr H&N about 972fps.
The prophet needed more user input to get just right and was a little more fussy and prone to flyers with some otherwise very good slugs. It’s also fouled more quickly, probably since the RPB barrel still has a bit of a choke, along with normal lands and grooves instead of polygonal.

Two of the prophet 2’s in our group of shooters developed issues with the valves causing them to dump air eventually. That has apparently been fixed though and rti had sent replacements for the problematic valve part to the local official repair guy even before we complained.

Ergonomics are better on the uragan 2, but the prophet is much smaller and lighter.

Neither are terribly hold sensitive at all, compared to something like a stock impact at similar power levels.

The reg on the uragan seems to be a little more solid/less prone to creep, with first shot essentially always spot on. The prophet is externally adjustable of course. But given the amazing state of tune the uragan 2’s I’ve encountered come in from the factory it’s less of an advantage than I expected, but of course adds to potential versatility.

The mags work similarly and are of similarly high quality. I do prefer the way the uragans slides in out of the way and clicks in place. Neither have any hitches in operation.

The prophet 2 has the breech seal on the probe vs the uragan having it in the breech itself. I believe the prophet seal will fail sooner/more often due to the extra movement through mag and into the breech causing wear, much like the older daystates that also had them on the probe.

Anyway both guns are awesome but the uragan has a few notable advantages in my book, plus it’s just become my favourite, hence my vote.