• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan 2 VS RTI Prophet II

Prophet II or Uragan 2

• Prophet II

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Uragan 2

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
Hello All! First post here.

I want to enlarge my airgun collection, and add a bullpup to my hw97k .177 and to my FX dreamline tactical .22.
I'm in the market for a bullpup in .22 with the ability to shoot slugs at 45+ft/lb as acuratly as possible. This two really cought my eye, and I dont really know witch way to go. Both the prophet I and Original Uragan were superb guns, but neither were that good with slugs according to what I looked up. The RTI is supposed to come with a new propriatary barrel that shoots slugs. The Uragan 2 I'm not sure.
Neither have a lot of info avaible yet...

Witch one would you go for and why?

MJMDP,
Welcome to the forum. I'm awaiting purchase of a Uragan 2 in .30, with longest barrel provided, as soon as they become available. I prefer the look and ergonomics of the Uragan over the RTI and am not sure the new proprietary RTI barrel is for me. As a pellet shooter I've enjoyed my synthetic stock Uragan .25 very much, if the, hopefully, soon-to-be released, Uragan 2 is anything similar I'm sure I'll be satisfied.
Was considering an AGT Vulcan 3 in .30, however, I prefer synthetic over wood stocks, and they're still working on that version. Haven't taken the leap towards slugs as they seem a lot more effort than pellets, however the new FX HALO ammo is interesting. WM

👍🏼 I've looked at the RTI guns (the performance models) ➔ and RTI lets you adjust not just the HST externally, but the regulator as well — without having to take apart the gun....

👎🏼 Does AGT offer external power adjustments with any of their guns? Uragan? Vixen? Vulcan? MKI, MKII, MKIII...?

Just my own biased opinion, worth exactly 2 c.

Matthias 😊

Reactions: merpo and mercado
MJMDP,
The Vulcan 3 Long .30 has an unchoked barrel and I've heard other caliber V3 Longs are also unchoked. There was some funny business reported by Member Heavy Impact about what AGT advertised the .30 barrel to be and what actually was installed in his gun. A SEARCH in the AGN archives for "Vulcan 3" should provide better details. Also, do a SEARCH for "Uragan 2" there's an informative post, not that long ago, which provided more specifics. Don't think AGT offers external adjustments, however, doing HS adjustments on my Uragan wasn't that difficult. Can't recall if Uragan 2 reported changes include an unchoked barrel, however, an archives search would list changes. WM

MJMDP,
The Vulcan 3 Long .30 has an unchoked barrel and I've heard other caliber V3 Longs are also unchoked. There was some funny business reported by Member Heavy Impact about what AGT advertised the .30 barrel to be and what actually was installed in his gun. A SEARCH in the AGN archives for "Vulcan 3" should provide better details. Also, do a SEARCH for "Uragan 2" there's an informative post, not that long ago, which provided more specifics. Don't think AGT offers external adjustments, however, doing HS adjustments on my Uragan wasn't that difficult. Can't recall if Uragan 2 reported changes include an unchoked barrel, however, an archives search would list changes. WM
I can confirm that the Vulcan 3 .25 700mm barrel is unchoked. I have slugged the barrel myself. I pushed 2 slugs through the full length of the barrel and two half way through. The original size of the slugs was .258. After pushing all 4 slugs they all measured .2546-.2548 using a Starrett certified digital micrometer. The barrel is a traditional 10 groove, not polygonal.

👍🏼 I've looked at the RTI guns (the performance models) ➔ and RTI lets you adjust not just the HST externally, but the regulator as well — without having to take apart the gun....

👎🏼 Does AGT offer external power adjustments with any of their guns? Uragan? Vixen? Vulcan? MKI, MKII, MKIII...?

Just my own biased opinion, worth exactly 2 c.

Matthias 😊
Uragans are tack drivers in pellet mode = as they come in factory tune .. mine were tuned for slugs 950fps + awesome sluger they are .. all 4 no exceptions... but none will shoot pellets accurately with that tune .. unless you open the gun again. N reduce reg pressure.. I have no problem with that..but that is the truth.. I have a Rti 2 compact on order.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
my ZX10Wall tuned .30 uragan shoots nsa slugs and jsb pellets about in the same hole
at my hunting distances up to 50yrds. beyond that, i like the hybrid slugs while hunting crows
@ 100+ yrds.
one high power setting fits all my needs thanks to Dereck !!
mine is the original Uragan not the II version.
Yes they will shoot pellets up to 50y . But not past 50 in a HP tune.. I love mine like that I specifically asked for that tune . Just let others than maybe will not be interested in buying more guns how it is unless they know how to tune up n down themselves.. I will surely not change mine.. they are my slugs only guns..

I sold my Vulcan 3 because I can’t stand that *twang* sound coming just from the area where you sit your ear. It was laser accurate, almost boring to shoot due to that, but gosh that sound is a no go for me.
My wife keeps hinting that I should go get some hearing aids.
She fails to see the advantage to being able to tune sounds out. They tell me that my Prophet has a ring when fired. I will just have to take their word for it.
Silence has its advantages.

Reactions: merpo
My two Vulcan 3 shoot slugs as a champ.

My Uragan .22 shoots slugs like a champ.

My Vulcan 2 .25 and .30 shoot slugs like a champ.

My Daystate Wolverine .25 non HP shoots slugs like a champ.
Is your Uragan a 1 or a 2? I am going to be purchasing my first higher end PCP in a few months and I am semi torn between the Uragan 2 and the Prophet 2. I want it mostly for pesting and hunting and want it in .25 for the extra knockdown power. I will most likely only shoot pellets but may want to shoot up to 75-100 yards.

I am hoping to refresh this thread to see if anyone has new thoughts.

Well, i'm the OP of the thread and I ended up with the uragan 2.

I'm happy with my decision. The gun is really great! Its not fussy with ammunition and the consistincy its really good. And personally I find it to be really beautiful.
It does not have the "ping" problem of the vulcan 3. At least mine does not.

In the end its a decision between two different concepts. The uragan is more of a "set it once and leave it" gun, while the prophet with the external adjustments its more of a "thinkering" option.
There is not a bad choice here. There are different persons.

Reactions: Skiffy52
Is your Uragan a 1 or a 2? I am going to be purchasing my first higher end PCP in a few months and I am semi torn between the Uragan 2 and the Prophet 2. I want it mostly for pesting and hunting and want it in .25 for the extra knockdown power. I will most likely only shoot pellets but may want to shoot up to 75-100 yards.
Mine is Uragan 1. 22 Cal.

Any Aigun Technology rifle and Daystste Wolverine non HP shoot pellets extremly accurate at 130 yards and slugs at 180 yards. Even the Vulcan 3 in. 177 Cal, shoot the NSA slugs with amazing accuracy at 180 yards.

They do not need special tunning nor abnormal "X" reinforced titanium red barrel.