• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan 2 tuning?

Marshall,
I, as well, hope to order a Uragan 2 .30 as soon as Krales (Netherlands) gets them in inventory. I realize Talon Tunes has them now, however, I saved over $230 buying my Uragan .25 from Krales, over Talon Tunes, so I'll just wait. My Uragan .25 needed more speed to group my preferred pellet (JSB 33.95 grain) tighter, so I watched a YouTube video on hammer spring adjustment. Had to remove stock and loosen set screw to tighten HS. Took a couple of times to get it just right, now she'll consistently hit dime-size circles @ 50 yds. Check out the video as I suspect the Uragan 2 might utilize the same system. Never did a regulator adjust so can't help there. Best of Luck, WM

The reg is easy to get at- there is a great YouTube vid for the uragan 1 out there, bet the reg is in the same place. I did increase the uragan reg pressure on my #1 , but ended up with a Huma. Either one, mark your starting point with a perm marker, turn the correct direction, Chrony the results and increase or decrease hammer pressure depending on your settings. You don't have to reassemble the gun completely to get your Chrony results but unfortunately, on the Uragan1, you do have to empty the bottle completely each time; sounds worse than it is, at least if you have an air compressor handy.
Steps were:
Empty air chamber, disassemble rifle to view reg. Mark current reg position and turn the screw to increase or decrease reg pressure. Minor movements only.
Refill gun- shoot over Chrony, unassembled. Used hammer spring tension- increase until no change, back off 1/4 turn. Shoot a string to see if consistent. With stock reg, it was inconsistent after adding pressure and hammer tension. Backed off hammer further, got consistency and increased fps..
Kept repeating until I felt had the best compromise between power, consistency and "stress" during the shot cycle.
Went from 900- ish with 44 grn pellets to 960. Hybrids, knockouts and howlers are doing 925 fps. Great shot count still, smooth shot cycle without a lot of jump.
Had some false starts with the stock reg, dropped a few duckets for the Huma and got less reg pressure ( bigger plenum), easier adjustment ( still have to empty rifle of air) and solid consistency, shot to shot. About a 1/4 turn less hammer tension, reg is set less as well but I am only using the Huma markings. I don't own a reg tester. Scott Schneider tested my stock reg so I knew where that was at- which I've since forgot :) used that number as my starting point on the Huma and backed the reg down to it's current happy place
It will do much more velocity, but I use it for varmints on property's that may be close to dwellings or farm animals. Being able to shoot slugs and pellets well is paramount for my use.

So I’m moving forward with my decision on ordering a Uragan 2 .30. This is my first of this manufacture. What if any tunes can I do to this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Before u make ANY adjustment… try shooting your gun with jsb pellets. I have 3 uragans and the are beautifully tuned from the factory for jsb pellets. Stunningly accurate out of the Box. I don’t own a 30 cal …. But I’d be surprised if it’s not the same.

Before u make ANY adjustment… try shooting your gun with jsb pellets. I have 3 uragans and the are beautifully tuned from the factory for jsb pellets. Stunningly accurate out of the Box. I don’t own a 30 cal …. But I’d be surprised if it’s not the same.
I did just this. 900 to 920, and very accurate at 40 yards. I love this thing!

You may buy more beautiful rifles and more expensive ones than AGT, buy you may not buy better ones. They shoot pellets and slugs as a champ (slugs at 200 yards, all calibers, including .177).

In order to get to know how accurate your AGT rifle is, you need to mount a bubble level in the rear of he weaver rail and confirm that the vertical axle of the reticle of the scope is perfectly aligned with a cord with a plump at around 70 yards.

Find a place in which you can measure distances from 20 yards to 200 yards and see where you hit (a ground field). Take with you a paper and a pen. Measure distance with the range finder. Keep the power of the scope fixed with the number of X of your preference ( mine is 11 X), learn how to compensate with the lines of the vertical axel of the reticle of your rifle and write it, repeat it for each distance and make a card showing how to compensate at each distance from your zero to 200 yards.

When you want to shoot, measure your distance with the range finder, look at your card with compensation need notes, and then, shoot.

You won't believe the reliance you may have on your AGT rifle shooting slugs at long distance. It is just a matter of not expect miracles but to make your part. AGT rifles are amazingly accurate and reliable. If you miss a shot you can bet it was you or the projectile you shoot, not the rifle.

If you can keep the bubble level visible before each shot at long distance it will assure that you hit in the same vertical line, so everything else is to know how to compensate with the lines of the vertical axel of the reticle.

Last edited:
Reactions: rigbymauser