Uragan 2, slugs for 700mm barrel?

What slugs are you Uragan 2 owners shooting with the 700mm barrel? Not having great results with pellets as others have warned about before I even purchased, only got to shoot this gun three times so far in very windy conditions. I’ve only tried 44gr JSBs and not the 50gr yet.

I saw a previous post that listed Zan, JSB Knockouts and NSA listed as working well. I also want to give Stephen at AVS a shout, he’s known for high quality slugs. Wondering about different weights and sizes that other owners are having good results with. Just wondering if there has been any recent developments regarding a magic slug. First I’m going to dig through my small slug collection to see what I have before placing any orders.

Joe,
My U2 (700mm) .30 has been spot on with JSB 44.75 grains @ 50 and 66-yard ranges, with just a Ballistol/ PatchWorm cleaning. Had an AGT 6" moderator, removed since unneeded, grouped even tighter. Haven't tried any farther, maybe slugs then. In past two days she's taken four crows @ 35 yards with devastating power and accuracy, thread, "First Blood V3 and U2" in Hunting Section. Couldn't be happier with those AGT "twins." WM

Hey WM, thanks for the feedback. I wasn’t impressed with accuracy at 50 and 100. Would love to shoot it in calm conditions. Chronied it at right around 1000 fps. last time out, haven’t cleaned barrel yet, probably should have done that first. I have 46gr FX slugs and a few different NSA slugs in .30, gonna try them next time out. I really want to like this gun but it’s gotta be more accurate.

Maybe like in the other agt guns like the vulcan. That 700mm in your gun runs a bit bigger than 300 .. needing 303 or bigger in order to be accurate.. my .30 uragan 1 shoots from 44gr fx to 50gr knockouts accurately.... my .25 uragan after a trough testing it only liked light slugs and pellets.. and that was not the purpose of that purchase so is Gone..

Last edited:
Reactions: Joekrooz
Maybe like in the other agt guns like the vulcan. That 700mm in your gun runs a bit bigger than 300 .. needing 303 or bigger in order to be accurate.. my .30 uragan 1 shoots from 44gr fx only to 50gr knockouts accurately.... my .25 uragan after a trough testing it only liked light slugs and pellets.. and that was not the purpose of that purchase so is Gone..
IF that's the case, hit me up via PM, because I've got a load of NSA .303 slugs I'd like to offload.

Hey WM, thanks for the feedback. I wasn’t impressed with accuracy at 50 and 100. Would love to shoot it in calm conditions. Chronied it at right around 1000 fps. last time out, haven’t cleaned barrel yet, probably should have done that first. I have 46gr FX slugs and a few different NSA slugs in .30, gonna try them next time out. I really want to like this gun but it’s gotta be more accurate.
Joe,
Clean that barrel, mine was filthy, big job cleaning. Shot today @ 50 yds (44.75s) all day in quarter-size hole. Haven't used chrony but those pellets hit hard. Sticking with pellets, looking forward to ZAN's new .30 precision offering as soon as they become available. Bought a synthetic Vulcan 3 (700mm) .30 just after the U2, both are accurate powerhouses but U2 is quieter with a smoother operation, U2 is really growing on me. WM

What slugs are you Uragan 2 owners shooting with the 700mm barrel? Not having great results with pellets as others have warned about before I even purchased, only got to shoot this gun three times so far in very windy conditions. I’ve only tried 44gr JSBs and not the 50gr yet.

I saw a previous post that listed Zan, JSB Knockouts and NSA listed as working well. I also want to give Stephen at AVS a shout, he’s known for high quality slugs. Wondering about different weights and sizes that other owners are having good results with. Just wondering if there has been any recent developments regarding a magic slug. First I’m going to dig through my small slug collection to see what I have before placing any orders.
Purchased my U2 from Talon Tunes with a power mod.Received it shooting an average 1045fps with JSB-44's. Purchased 1 tin of every .30cal. pellet I could find.Which there isn 't a large selection available.Currently only shooting@ 75yds. It boringly shoots one hole 3/4 inch groups with any JSB of FX pellet. Of course I had to try the slug route also. It shoots FX hybrid slugs into a dime size group @75 yds. Thinking once my pellets are gone I'm going to make a large purchase of just FX slugs.They will satisfy all my airgun needs.

Joe,
Clean that barrel, mine was filthy, big job cleaning. Shot today @ 50 yds (44.75s) all day in quarter-size hole. Haven't used chrony but those pellets hit hard. Sticking with pellets, looking forward to ZAN's new .30 precision offering as soon as they become available. Bought a synthetic Vulcan 3 (700mm) .30 just after the U2, both are accurate powerhouses but U2 is quieter with a smoother operation, U2 is really growing on me. WM
I will 2nd that advise on a thorough barrel cleaning on that U2. I have been shooting mine as received with great results but recently decided on a barrel cleaning.Using ballistol on a pull through patch I was just getting some light gray patches.Not satisfied I took my coated Dewey .22 cal. cleaning rod with a plastic .30 cal.jag. Applied a little flitz metal polish to a soft cotton patch and did 3-4 full length strokes through the barrel followed by 3-4 clean patches.I did this procedure 3 times.The filth that came out of the barrel is undescribeable.Dark brown/black goo.Followed up with a ballistol patch and a few dry patches.Barrel was spotless.The gun was shooting great to start with but groups tightened even more! I'm sure it was a preservative put in the barrel prior to shipping.

Purchased my U2 from Talon Tunes with a power mod.Received it shooting an average 1045fps with JSB-44's. Purchased 1 tin of every .30cal. pellet I could find.Which there isn 't a large selection available.Currently only shooting@ 75yds. It boringly shoots one hole 3/4 inch groups with any JSB of FX pellet. Of course I had to try the slug route also. It shoots FX hybrid slugs into a dime size group @75 yds. Thinking once my pellets are gone I'm going to make a large purchase of just FX slugs.They will satisfy all my airgun needs.
Tony tuned mine at 1000 fps with the JSB 44gr, my groups are scattered at 50 yds. I’d be happy with 3/4“ groups at 50 and slightly bigger at 100. All my other guns shoot JSB 44 gr great, Uragan does not.

Joe,
Gonna clean it before next time out, should have done it sooner, I don’t normally clean barrels but this one might really benefit from it.

Reactions: WorriedMan
I will 2nd that advice on a thorough barrel cleaning on that U2. I have been shooting mine as received with great results but recently decided on a barrel cleaning.Using ballistol on a pull through patch I was just getting some light gray patches.Not satisfied I took my coated Dewey .22 cal. cleaning rod with a plastic .30 cal.jag. Applied a little flitz metal polish to a soft cotton patch and did 3-4 full length strokes through the barrel followed by 3-4 clean patches.I did this procedure 3 times.The filth that came out of the barrel is undescribeable.Dark brown/black goo.Followed up with a ballistol patch and a few dry patches.Barrel was spotless.The gun was shooting great to start with but groups tightened even more! I'm sure it was a preservative put in the barrel prior to shipping.
That goo can’t be good for accuracy, hoping a good cleaning does the trick. I hope a can get this thing shooting pellets accurately or find the magic slug sometime soon.

Just like powder burners.You can have 2 identical guns,ones a tack driver the other one doesn't come close.Try giving it a thorough cleaning. Mine was shooting great when I received it but a cleaning with some flitz metal polish followed up with some ballistol tightened my groups even more.I've read that the barrels are coated with a preservative prior to shipping.I'm sure the dealers don't do a good cleaning if any at all.

That goo can’t be good for accuracy, hoping a good cleaning does the trick. I hope a can get this thing shooting pellets accurately or find the magic slug sometime soon.
When I purchased my gun from Tony he told me he uses the 44.75s for his testing. I purchased the other pellets to try because thats what we do.I wasn't going to go down the endless rabbit hole of slug testing.I told Tony I was a set it and forget shooter.Wanted an accurate gun to start with and leave well enough alone.That's why he recommended the U2 to me. I just lucked out when I promised myself to try one box of FX hybrid slugs since I seen some guys were having great results with them from factory tuned U2s.

Wish you the best of luck finding the accuracy you are looking for.Maybe a phone call to Tony to explain the problem might help.

Yes, cleaning the barrel will absolutely make a difference. And 1000 fps is a little fast for pellets. That’s probably also detracting from your accuracy.

I think with the power mod that the 56 grain pellets from Zan would shoot great through this. I'm thinking they would fly 930'ish through your gun as it sits.