• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Uragan 2 King .22 - Quick test

Just got the pellets that are recommended by Talon Tunes for this gun, and they're shooting pretty good. Will be comparing to the slighter lighter ones soon.
I did a 'quick' 62 shot test, just to see how they were shooting, with the target hung loosely at 20 yards - with a light breeze that had it just barely moving, and I was shooting pretty rapidly. Loading took WAY longer than dumping them downrange, so accuracy could have been much better I'm sure, but this is still ALL 62 are in a 1/2" circle or so at 25 yards even with my carelessness. Of course it's a little high and right, but I didn't bother adjusting from the POI of the lighter stuff, so this will be easily solved. :)

It's fair to say I'm pretty darn happy with the accuracy and efficiency here, as most are darn near in the same location, and the gun used less than 1 BAR per shot, with around 50 BAR used from 210 down to 160 - not bad at all for just a hair under 40 ft/lbs of energy.

Missing an aspirin tablet at 20 yards is pretty darn hard to do with this setup. :)

62 downrange.jpeg
Uragan 2 front.jpegStart Pressure.jpegPellet.jpegUragan 2.jpgFinish Pressure.jpeg

Go to 100 yards without wind, share the groups and we would know how well your Uragan 2 performs.
Buy me a place where I can have a 100 yard range out back, and I'll be happy to do so for ya! ;-)

I'm sure that me simply not rushing every shot, and acutally sighting it in would make for a much better demonstration. I'll probably do that at some point. I MAY even place the target on a bit of cardboard so it's not waving in the wind while I'm shooting at it.

Also, you DO realize that I'm shooting this with a lightly magnified red dot, right? At 100 yards the red dot will easily cover an area larger than the groups will be. LOL - for now, 20 yards is gonna be what you're getting outta me most of the time, if not all of the time. :)

Buy me a place where I can have a 100 yard range out back, and I'll be happy to do so for ya! ;-)

I'm sure that me simply not rushing every shot, and acutally sighting it in would make for a much better demonstration. I'll probably do that at some point. I MAY even place the target on a bit of cardboard so it's not waving in the wind while I'm shooting at it.

Also, you DO realize that I'm shooting this with a lightly magnified red dot, right? At 100 yards the red dot will easily cover an area larger than the groups will be. LOL - for now, 20 yards is gonna be what you're getting outta me most of the time, if not all of the time. :)
Choose a place that fit your needs and we start in the forum a campaign for raising funds!!

• Haha
Reactions: Miami Airgunner
Choose a place that fit your needs and we start in the forum a campaign for raising funds!!
HA! That is the best possible answer, that's just too funny - got a literal laugh out loud..

I will, I'm sure, deliver some more telling results at some point, this quick and dirty test isn't particularly valuable so much as mildly interesting.