• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan 2 Compact OR Taipan Veteran? For those in the know...

What are the features that tipped the scale for you to keep the U2 over the Taipan?

My interest in the U2 is waning simply because I have some great pcps already and I have been enjoying them and improving them. It's helping me to appreciate what I already have vs. looking to try something new but we all know how that desire to try a new toy can take over so..... 😆 😎

Thank you for your thoughts 👊🏼
I didn’t like cocking at the shoulder
Weight - U2 much lighter feel at the shoulder
Accuracy - meh - bout the same which is very good
u2 quieter at the mussel

Reactions: Greenarrow
I have a U2 Compact Prince in .177 . It shot everything well that I ran through it . 16 fpe .
I replaced the OEM moderator with a DonnyFL Shogun , much quiter , but made the "ping" noise more pronounced .
So I sent it off to Motorhead for a "depinger" upgrade . Not back yet , but I trust that Scott will have it sorted out in short order .

Also have a Vixen standard in .22 . Much love for the AGTs but wouldn't call myself a fan boy . Still eyeballing a V3 next , hell maybe I am ...

No experience with the Taipan , I don't care for the rear cocking arm .
Want to hear about the depinging efforts

Few more ramblings after working on both recently:

Adjusting the power on a U2 is a pain in the ass, requiring removing the regulator, degassing the gun, etc. The Taipan is a simple twist of the hammer spring adjuster.

Pulling the barrel on the U2 is quite the undertaking as well. It's loosening 4 screws and simply unscrewing the barrel on the Taipan.

The U2 has a free flying hammer setup, eliminating hammer bounce and boosting efficiency. Pretty cool setup.

The 600mm .22 U2 has an unchoked barrel, which I found interesting. My Taipan Long .22 is choked.

Personally, I don't care for pellets in unchoked barrels, they aren't as forgiving IMO. But unchoked is likely the way for slugs.

The U2 is a fantastic gun i am very happy with mine (y)
20230104_164803.jpg

What are the features that tipped the scale for you to keep the U2 over the Taipan?

My interest in the U2 is waning simply because I have some great pcps already and I have been enjoying them and improving them. It's helping me to appreciate what I already have vs. looking to try something new but we all know how that desire to try a new toy can take over so..... 😆 😎

Thank you for your thoughts 👊🏼
Weight! The U2 was so much easier to hold on point. U2 had a much softer feel in my hands, more ergonomic less industrial. Then the rear cocking thing....meh.... My U2 doesn't have the ping i hear people talking about... and i have good ears.