• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Uragan 2 Compact OR Taipan Veteran? For those in the know...

Any insight/opinions on one vs. the other for those that have owned both?

I have the Taipan. Rock solid. I'm wanting to try something new but I don't want to keep accumulating pcps. I'm REALLY interested in the Uragan 2 Compact but if the majority favors the Taipan I don't to bother putting out the $$$ for the Uragan. My purpose with these rifles is FUN! I am a backyard plinker with an occasional small pest eradication as its function.

I'm simply thinking in text here and wanting YOUR experiences and opinions on these two bullpups.

Thank you in advance for entertaining my airgun dreams! 👊🏼😎

0C468575-FB0D-4079-8175-8F3141BAFB4C.jpeg

Reactions: Animalcub7907
I own a Taipan Long .22 and worked on and shot a friend's new Uragan 2 .22 the other day.

Right off, the Taipan is more solid feeling. It's simpler, and more rugged overall and has a better magazine system. Even the guy with his brand new gun commented on the solid feel of the Taipan.

The Uragan is world's better as far as ergos go. The center of gravity is lower with the scope so much closer to the grip. I love this the most about the U2.

The trigger is very nice on the Uragan 2, I would put them very close as far as feel and crispness. BUT it is plastic if that bothers you.

My Taipan seems to be quieter.

The mags are rattly and plasticky on the U2 but they seem to work well enough. They seem to hold slugs ok, which the Taipan Mags do not, for those interested.

His U2 was a laser right out of the box. But the stock was rubbing the trigger linkage, so I had to remove a little wood in the inletting to fix it.

Forward cocking kicks ass. Rear cocking kicks itself in the ass. But it's not a deal breaker for me personally.

Just some random comparison that I thought of right off.

The rear cocking is the biggest take-a-way on the Taipan for me. Love the gun really but....
I really just want to try something new. I would buy the U2 and then compare them myself but I get attached and end up not selling so that means I keep accumulating.
Maybe I'll just go for it? Taipan in .22 cal at 30 fpe and the U2 in .177. Then Id have to sell the .177 Huntsman and the .22 cal Royale…. Oh the troubles 🙄😆😎

Reactions: PeteAir
I own a Taipan Long .22 and worked on and shot a friend's new Uragan 2 .22 the other day.

Right off, the Taipan is more solid feeling. It's simpler, and more rugged overall and has a better magazine system. Even the guy with his brand new gun commented on the solid feel of the Taipan.

The Uragan is world's better as far as ergos go. The center of gravity is lower with the scope so much closer to the grip. I love this the most about the U2.

The trigger is very nice on the Uragan 2, I would put them very close as far as feel and crispness. BUT it is plastic if that bothers you.

My Taipan seems to be quieter.

The mags are rattly and plasticky on the U2 but they seem to work well enough. They seem to hold slugs ok, which the Taipan Mags do not, for those interested.

His U2 was a laser right out of the box. But the stock was rubbing the trigger linkage, so I had to remove a little wood in the inletting to fix it.

Forward cocking kicks ass. Rear cocking kicks itself in the ass. But it's not a deal breaker for me personally.

Just some random comparison that I thought of right off.
Great observations! That is exactly 🎯 the sort of thing I'm wanting/needing to hear. What caliber on your buddy's U2?

Any insight/opinions on one vs. the other for those that have owned both?

I have the Taipan. Rock solid. I'm wanting to try something new but I don't want to keep accumulating pcps. I'm REALLY interested in the Uragan 2 Compact but if the majority favors the Taipan I don't to bother putting out the $$$ for the Uragan. My purpose with these rifles is FUN! I am a backyard plinker with an occasional small pest eradication as its function.

I'm simply thinking in text here and wanting YOUR experiences and opinions on these two bullpups.

Thank you in advance for entertaining my airgun dreams! 👊🏼😎

View attachment 320881
A6C83F50-D5EF-411B-B079-0A2F252E37E5.jpeg
when push came to shove I sold my taipan veteran tactical and focused on the mighty Uragan 2 with jsb 16.2’s

View attachment 325406when push came to shove I sold my taipan veteran tactical and focused on the mighty Uragan 2 with jsb 16.2’s
What are the features that tipped the scale for you to keep the U2 over the Taipan?

My interest in the U2 is waning simply because I have some great pcps already and I have been enjoying them and improving them. It's helping me to appreciate what I already have vs. looking to try something new but we all know how that desire to try a new toy can take over so..... 😆 😎

Thank you for your thoughts 👊🏼

What are the features that tipped the scale for you to keep the U2 over the Taipan?

My interest in the U2 is waning simply because I have some great pcps already and I have been enjoying them and improving them. It's helping me to appreciate what I already have vs. looking to try something new but we all know how that desire to try a new toy can take over so..... 😆 😎

Thank you for your thoughts 👊🏼
You obviously want to buy it, so go for it. It's only money!

Reactions: Greenarrow
Not even close in my opinion. I’ve had multiple of both and while the Uragan is a nice rifle, the Taipan beats it hands down in every category except the rear cocking/side lever, but that’s just never been an issue for me.

View attachment 325156
I know that vet. Lol

I have a U2 Compact Prince in .177 . It shot everything well that I ran through it . 16 fpe .
I replaced the OEM moderator with a DonnyFL Shogun , much quiter , but made the "ping" noise more pronounced .
So I sent it off to Motorhead for a "depinger" upgrade . Not back yet , but I trust that Scott will have it sorted out in short order .

Also have a Vixen standard in .22 . Much love for the AGTs but wouldn't call myself a fan boy . Still eyeballing a V3 next , hell maybe I am ...

No experience with the Taipan , I don't care for the rear cocking arm .

I have a U2 Compact Prince in .177 . It shot everything well that I ran through it . 16 fpe .
I replaced the OEM moderator with a DonnyFL Shogun , much quiter , but made the "ping" noise more pronounced .
So I sent it off to Motorhead for a "depinger" upgrade . Not back yet , but I trust that Scott will have it sorted out in short order .

Also have a Vixen standard in .22 . Much love for the AGTs but wouldn't call myself a fan boy . Still eyeballing a V3 next , hell maybe I am ...

No experience with the Taipan , I don't care for the rear cocking arm .
I do care for the rear cocking arm. It belongs to ancient times that should only be able to see at a museum.