Airgun Technologies Uragan 2 Carbon Fiber Stock Weight?

I can't find the answer to this question. Will the Carbon Fiber stock on the Uragan save some weight compared with a synthetic stock? Common sense will indicate sure....but how much? I really prefer the look of the synthetic and also the lower price but depending on weight saving then the extra price and the looks become irrelevant...

Really liking the green stock for the green iguanas.

Just prior to ordering my U2 I contacted AGT and ask the question on stock weights. I got an immediate response. I don't remember the exact numbers but what I do remember is that the wood stocks were from 15oz to 16oz heavier than the carbon stock, It was explained to me in the email that exact numbers varied because of difference in density of individual wood stocks.

So, for 1-pound lighter weight, I ordered the carbon version (due for delivery tomorrow). :cool:

Just prior to ordering my U2 I contacted AGT and ask the question on stock weights. I got an immediate response. I don't remember the exact numbers but what I do remember is that the wood stocks were from 15oz to 16oz heavier than the carbon stock, It was explained to me in the email that exact numbers varied because of difference in density of individual wood stocks.

So, for 1-pound lighter weight, I ordered the carbon version (due for delivery tomorrow). :cool:
This is what I was looking for. I did sent them an email today and they might reply soon. But now for me I'm thinking if 1 pound is worth the extra money andI dont really prefer the looks anyway.

Where did you order from? Share a pic when you get it!!

In last year's review, by Andy's Airgun Reviews (AAR) of the (Carbon) U2 .22 600mm, weight was 5 pounds, 15 ounces. Compare with Talon Tunes stated weights for the difference. WM
I've watch some of his video but it seems I've missed this one.

I am sorely tempted by a Uragan 2, and struggle with which stock to get. I actually saw one in a shop and held it. The one I held, had the red wood laminate stock and 600mm barrel. Very attractive. I was surprised at how light the gun felt. I suspect the published weight may be inaccurate. After hefting the real thing, I'm not sure I'd pay extra for the carbon fiber. The laminated stocks look good.

I'm looking for the 600, if you got the same one I'll appreciate if you can weigh it for me.
Mine will be a 700 so the weight may not give ya what ya want. I'll weigh it none-the-less.

The rifle is about 40-miles from me now but tracking doesn't say, 'out for delivery' yet. I'll have it this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon.

Rifle showed today so I weighed the stock for you.

Uragan 2 Carbon Stock is 8.4oz.

Uragan 2 700 .25 Carbon Rifle is 7lbs 13oz.

Wow the stock is just 8 oz! I think this is a winner. I'm starting to believe the weight saving is real. This might be the choice. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it!!

Last edited: