Airgun Technologies Uragan 2 and the assisted valve

My .30 (700mm) balanced valve lasted two months, Krale replaced valve under warranty, been fine since. Symptom was full power shot, next squib, full power, squib, full power until mag empty. WM
I found your comment and that inspired me to create the post to see if it was a one off or a common issue

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/agt-uragan-2-what-learned-these-past-days.1277257/post-1356285

Did some work on one finding it very hard to tune .... some reading you may find interesting ?
Will read right away, thanks for sharing!!

I found your comment and that inspired me to create the post to see if it was a one off or a common issue

Will read right away, thanks for sharing!!
Posted when problem started, one member said he'd returned to Talon Tunes for valve problem, but not with similar symptoms. Reported returned from Talon Tunes problem free. WM

I postponed buying the standard uragan when they said the uragan 2 was coming out. Thought I’d buy one of them but I’m more likely to just buy the original at this point. I’ve read of more folks having issues with the Uragan 2 than I ever did with the regular Uragan.
Krale (Netherlands) dropped original Uragan prices from $1300 to $900 for recent Black Friday Sale. They have seasonal sales; I'd keep my eyes peeled for that deal to roll around again. WM

Reactions: pnwairgunner
The Uragán 2, when first released, had issues with the balance-valves sealing properly. AGT solved the issue with a revision of the balanced-valve.

It’s a shame really. It’s hard to overcome early reported issues on a new platform.
Good to know, same happened to RTI. But good to know AGT corrected the issue, these are very solid guns and have awesome reputation, the issue with changing the valve is that all the lessons learned with the regular valve are out the window and need to gather data from the beginning and eventually they will get it solid again. I'm really happy this is already the case.

But that doesn't change the fact that the balanced valve is more suitable for bigger caliber more power. So it's good to know when trying to build a "low" power rig. In quotes because what is considered a low power today was plenty of power a few years back.

I struggled also to tune my valve on my .22 gun for low power, the gun really want to push harder, loved the analogy of too much engine for a little car. As of right now the valve I have in my gun has been working wonderful. No difference in speed after having the gun in for weeks, and this for me is very important.

I'm wondering now about the Vulcan 3 also, I think either of these gun will result in an excellent iguana smacker.

Balanced valve is what came as a difference between the 2 rifles but initially I had a hard time realizing what's different between the 2 guns. I've found several post about that topic but really don't remember any big difference other than the assisted valve and someone saying that was not interested in the V3 because it's a very tall gun.... Is it?

Interesting will be how the two compares with regards of tuning, how accessible is the regulator...If anyone has a post I can read... I'll appreciate it

Krale (Netherlands) dropped original Uragan prices from $1300 to $900 for recent Black Friday Sale. They have seasonal sales; I'd keep my eyes peeled for that deal to roll around again. WM
I think I’d seen that you’d mentioned that on another post a month or so ago but by the time I looked I had missed out.

Good to know, same happened to RTI. But good to know AGT corrected the issue, these are very solid guns and have awesome reputation, the issue with changing the valve is that all the lessons learned with the regular valve are out the window and need to gather data from the beginning and eventually they will get it solid again. I'm really happy this is already the case.

But that doesn't change the fact that the balanced valve is more suitable for bigger caliber more power. So it's good to know when trying to build a "low" power rig. In quotes because what is considered a low power today was plenty of power a few years back.

I struggled also to tune my valve on my .22 gun for low power, the gun really want to push harder, loved the analogy of too much engine for a little car. As of right now the valve I have in my gun has been working wonderful. No difference in speed after having the gun in for weeks, and this for me is very important.

I'm wondering now about the Vulcan 3 also, I think either of these gun will result in an excellent iguana smacker.

Balanced valve is what came as a difference between the 2 rifles but initially I had a hard time realizing what's different between the 2 guns. I've found several post about that topic but really don't remember any big difference other than the assisted valve and someone saying that was not interested in the V3 because it's a very tall gun.... Is it?

Interesting will be how the two compares with regards of tuning, how accessible is the regulator...If anyone has a post I can read... I'll appreciate it
Here they are for size comparison, V3 has AGT factory moderator, U2 has 4" Pugio (Silent Thunder Ordnance) moderator. You can see where the shroud ends, and moderator begins. U2 purchased November 2022, V3 in January 2023, both .30 (700mm), 96-97 FPE out-of-the-box with JSB 44.75 pellets. Nothing adjusted on either. U2 shoots pellets better than V3, smoother functioning and quieter, too.
IMG_20230926_171811.jpg

Reactions: SamLaff
Here they are for size comparison, V3 has AGT factory moderator, U2 has 4" Pugio (Silent Thunder Ordnance) moderator. You can see where the shroud ends, and moderator begins. U2 purchased November 2022, V3 in January 2023, both .30 (700mm), 96-97 FPE out-of-the-box with JSB 44.75 pellets. Nothing adjusted on either. U2 shoots pellets better than V3, smoother functioning and quieter, too.View attachment 418435
Thanks for sharing. I'm really liking the V2 in the 600mm setup for .22 I checked on Krale and the only available now is the CF stock, price is way better with them too.

Thanks for sharing. I'm really liking the V2 in the 600mm setup for .22 I checked on Krale and the only available now is the CF stock, price is way better with them too.
U2 is more pleasant to shoot, smoother functioning, quieter and less "jolting." Loud clang in ear from V3 doesn't help either, one day I'll get around to install depinger. Of course, V3 didn't have to go back under warranty, so points for dependability. Both are hand cannons as far as power, V3 makes you feel it more. Only adjusted HS in Uragan .25 to tighten up JSB 33.95 groups, easy to do following YouTube video, stock needs removal. WM