• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Technologies Uragan 2 600 vs 700mm

That African Air Ordnance kit is totally unnecessary unless you are jacking the gun up to very high power levels.
The Uragan 2 has a very easy to open balanced valve - the reg pressure is far and away the most important thing affecting velocity, with the hammer/valve balance less of an issue vs a normal poppet valve, just needing 'enough' hammer to open it. Which isn't very much at all.
My advice would be to remove the heavy spring and spacer and see where you get with the stock parts and higher reg before trying those aftermarket parts. Otherwise you are just smashing the valve stem for no reason.

I just ordered mine from Talon in 700 mm. I was between 600 vs 700 but went with 7. 600 looks so cool though. I have asked Anthony to tune it down to shoot 18.50 barracudas in .22. I have figured I would like the option to shoot bigger, faster, and farther later if I needed it, but restricting the 700 should give me even more shot count and even less noise. I am all about backyard friendly. I will also not planning to be on the move while hunting with this rifle. For that the Vixen is on my list.

I just ordered mine from Talon in 700 mm. I was between 600 vs 700 but went with 7. 600 looks so cool though. I have asked Anthony to tune it down to shoot 18.50 barracudas in .22. I have figured I would like the option to shoot bigger, faster, and farther later if I needed it, but restricting the 700 should give me even more shot count and even less noise. I am all about backyard friendly. I will also not planning to be on the move while hunting with this rifle. For that the Vixen is on my list.
Congrats!

You'll be happy with the service Tony provides to every customer. My U2 700 came double boxed and well packaged with some bubble wrap inside the zippered soft case that the rifle & extras come in. Not a scratch from shipping.

The rifle will come with 3000psi in the gun so no worries about getting that first air fill.

Reactions: Huncowboy
Congrats!

You'll be happy with the service Tony provides to every customer. My U2 700 came double boxed and well packaged with some bubble wrap inside the zippered soft case that the rifle & extras come in. Not a scratch from shipping.

The rifle will come with 3000psi in the gun so no worries about getting that first air fill.
I just got it today. Exactly like you have said. Very well packaged. Actually I kept the packaging.

He tuned this down for me to shoot .22 18.51 grain Barracuda Hunter Extremes at 920 fps. So around 34 fps. For that he had to install some custom pressure restrictor (?). So far it is accurate at 20 yards. Same as the M3.

The rifle is louder than I was hoping for at this power level. I can shoot it but the quieter the better. I also do have the ping. Not horrible but I will have my local shop install the kit assuming I can quiet this rifle down. Because if not, it doesn't matter. I have a hugget snipe 1.2x20 UNF but I will need an adapter it seams.

Rifle looks great and for its size not all that heavy. Subjective, but probably my best looking rifle so far.

Uragan 2 700mm.jpg