Upstate south Carolina

I was just wondering if there was anyone else that does squirrel hunting with air guns. Main reason is I'd like to go hunt with someone at some point.
Funny I had a hunt buddy but he past on. But when would squirrel hunt we always separate and meet after and compare story’s……. Now I moved to Saluda NC and hunt on my 5 acres I own. I average 2-3 squirrels a morning. All grays I miss those Hugh north Louisiana reds / black squirrels But Squirrel season opened on October 17th. Now all the squirrels feed on the ground. No nuts in the trees and it makes it hard to see them not so easy as in the trees. But here in Saluda mountains I feed deer in my front yard and shoot squirrels in the back yard.

Funny I had a hunt buddy but he past on. But when would squirrel hunt we always separate and meet after and compare story’s……. Now I moved to Saluda NC and hunt on my 5 acres I own. I average 2-3 squirrels a morning. All grays I miss those Hugh north Louisiana reds / black squirrels But Squirrel season opened on October 17th. Now all the squirrels feed on the ground. No nuts in the trees and it makes it hard to see them not so easy as in the trees. But here in Saluda mountains I feed deer in my front yard and shoot squirrels in the back yard.
But the only neighbor up here has 40 acres. I could ask to hunt her private land ….. I’m on the South Carolina border a plus.

I am surprised you have not seen the black bears there on a regular bases.
Thats those tiny little black things …. Every time I cook bacon …. They arrive. After many years as an elk guide in northern Colorado ….. with griz and browns I just can’t get overly elicited but it’s nice to know I’m remote out here.

40696D73-8D84-439A-805A-A2159FC31EB4.jpeg

Vidwize I am less than 30 minutes from you and have family in saluda haha. The greys are abundant where I am as well no shortage here and I also feed the deer in my yard haha. Take care up there and be ready for the ice power outages as saluda is usually the last on duke powers get to list.;)
I bought a inverter generator. Gas or propane …. I’m ready also with a sprinter RV in the drive if needed. Love it. No water shortages, closet neighbor 1/4 mile

Reactions: N2 Shooter
See my drive, it measures about 80 yards to dirt road. I’ve shot several squirrels at the edge of the drive trough the eye from my porch Plus one that was running to the other side of the road in the back of his head. My new Brocock Commander XR magnum. Just is amazing …… slugs or pellets in 25.39 gr Looking at Brocock new bill pup Candy.

Reactions: zumakid70cc
It is a very pleasant area for sure. The more remote the more I enjoy it myself haha. I cannot get enough of the crisp fresh air lol. hopeful they got that lil brush fire out. Later
The woods are dry and full of dry leaves. I have a brush pile I have to burn but I’m waiting for wet weather. Squirrels here are on the ground. Only go to trees if spooked. They can be 10 ft away and you can’t see them , and yes the air here is the freshest I’ve lived in the moutains of Colorado for 15 years but it’s more beautiful here ….. I live in one the best and clearest ozone areas in the world sooooo nice.