Tuning UPS

When I degassed my Crown to rebuild the reg. the pressure gauge stayed on 50 bar. So, I ordered a new Huma gauge from Trenier. $9 shipping for something they could mail in a padded envelope, but it is what it is. In fact FX charges the same for shipping. This was about 10 days ago and I'm still waiting for it. I now have the third delivery date notice. Maybe the third time will be the charm.
1.1645026397.jpg
2.1645026406.jpg
3.1645026417.jpg

I've got an order from Huma back in late January. It made it through customs & then released to UPS next Day Air Saver only to show "Damage Reported" That was around Feb. 3rd I've been waiting ever since for someone to tell me anything, nothing but crickets.

It's been my experience, int'l shipments that are "damaged" are the result of our customs going thru the contents trying to find contraband. Whether it was a tip to Customs & Border or a K9 that gave a signal to the freight container in which my package was located, there was a desire to go thru it all. When Customs goes thru packages they shred everything & your lucky if everything makes it back in the original packaging. This is where good packing works against you. If they can't see what's in the package they'll continue to cut, tear, & shred until they see actual products. Once done they cram everything back in the box & you might get a complimentary piece of tape to hold everything back together with & off to the carrier it goes. Every time this happens, it looks like a 5 year old on Xmas day got hold of my shipment. Also damage created by Customs is considered damage in shipping, they have no accountability or responsibility to the cost they create to the buyer, sellers, or freight companies, it's a consequence we have to deal with, sovereign immunity, I think they call it. Anyway, just like every other gov't agency in the US, Customs is leading the pack as to how much of a POS they can be.

It should be said that, many vendors stopped doing business with the US because of this reason. I've had to beg some vendors & accept everything as is & whether I actually receive the products. This is how I figured all this stuff out years ago.

Good luck,

Steve

P.S. with UPS you can create an account on UPS website to better control your packages, after which you can see more details about your shipment & the reasons for rescheduling, diversions, damage, etc.

I've got an order from Huma back in late January. It made it through customs & then released to UPS next Day Air Saver only to show "Damage Reported" That was around Feb. 3rd I've been waiting ever since for someone to tell me anything, nothing but crickets.

It's been my experience, int'l shipments that are "damaged" are the result of our customs going thru the contents trying to find contraband. Whether it was a tip to Customs & Border or a K9 that gave a signal to the freight container in which my package was located, there was a desire to go thru it all. When Customs goes thru packages they shred everything & your lucky if everything makes it back in the original packaging. This is where good packing works against you. If they can't see what's in the package they'll continue to cut, tear, & shred until they see actual products. Once done they cram everything back in the box & you might get a complimentary piece of tape to hold everything back together with & off to the carrier it goes. Every time this happens, it looks like a 5 year old on Xmas day got hold of my shipment. Also damage created by Customs is considered damage in shipping, they have no accountability or responsibility to the cost they create to the buyer, sellers, or freight companies, it's a consequence we have to deal with, sovereign immunity, I think they call it. Anyway, just like every other gov't agency in the US, Customs is leading the pack as to how much of a POS they can be.

It should be said that, many vendors stopped doing business with the US because of this reason. I've had to beg some vendors & accept everything as is & whether I actually receive the products. This is how I figured all this stuff out years ago.

Good luck,

Steve

P.S. with UPS you can create an account on UPS website to better control your packages, after which you can see more details about your shipment & the reasons for rescheduling, diversions, damage, etc.

I ordered the gauge from Trenier so customs isn't involved.

Hi. I've worked at UPS for over 21 years in the Next-day division. FYI...the storms that have been hitting the midwest through the east coast have caused havoc in all the shipping systems. The snow/ice/sleet/rain has grounded planes, stopped trucks from effective and speedy travel, and locked up hubs all across the country. A single day storm (most of these storms have been 2-3 days at a time) causes days of backup. Then there is the issue of placing priority of Next day vs ground packages as we clean up the mess. Ground work might get pushed aside for a day or two as we push the priority packages through. It's frustrating for all (workers as well as shippers) but it is what it is. 

Trust me, we aren't standing on an airport runway in a blizzard with temps in the teens with plans to delay your package. 

Reactions: JimNM
Hi. I've worked at UPS for over 21 years in the Next-day division. FYI...the storms that have been hitting the midwest through the east coast have caused havoc in all the shipping systems. The snow/ice/sleet/rain has grounded planes, stopped trucks from effective and speedy travel, and locked up hubs all across the country. A single day storm (most of these storms have been 2-3 days at a time) causes days of backup. Then there is the issue of placing priority of Next day vs ground packages as we clean up the mess. Ground work might get pushed aside for a day or two as we push the priority packages through. It's frustrating for all (workers as well as shippers) but it is what it is. 

Trust me, we aren't standing on an airport runway in a blizzard with temps in the teens with plans to delay your package.

I understand what you're saying. But when I go to their tracking, they have said "out for delivery" on two different dates so far and today:

Screenshot 2022-02-16 082626.1645033929.jpg

Ha, I created online account with UPS to better control my shipments. Last few times I specified I wanted my package (expensive air guns from Pyramyd Air) left on the back porch. Sure enough UPS left them to sit on the front porch in plain sight for 6 hrs while I was at work. The distance is not much to go left for back porch vs right for front porch drop off. On top of this I had one gun show up from UPS with something rattling around in the box as I anxiously waited to open it. Sure enough my worst fears were confirmed 2 of the 4 case latches were flopping around broken in the box and the stock of my gun was also completely broken. Now i sarcastically call this great service but YMMV!

And i'm the guy Troy was shipping to, earlier in the day that fedex delivered there site said it would be here Monday the 14th instead an hour later they dropped it off, no signature, no doorbell just dropped it on the porch and left. Not my first bad Fedex encounter, probably wont be the last either, UPS is not much better. BTW Troy it was sat the 12th

Suprisingly USPS stuff coming from Texas is very consistant but much smaller items.