UPS stinks once again!

I know, nobody wants to hear it, but UPS really sucks a lot of the time. I had an airgun returned to the sender because my street is under water right now from the hurricane. I had requested that the package be held for pickup, but somehow they still tried to deliver it and the driver said that I refused delivery. That's weird seeing that he can't get down my street. If they had just held the package there would be no problem. I just don't get it, and their customer service was no service. She tired to argue with me that they don't have space to hold all the packages right now! A billion dollar company can't figure that out, huh...

Ok rant over. Had to say it.

I know, nobody wants to hear it, but UPS really sucks a lot of the time. I had an airgun returned to the sender because my street is under water right now from the hurricane. I had requested that the package be held for pickup, but somehow they still tried to deliver it and the driver said that I refused delivery. That's weird seeing that he can't get down my street. If they had just held the package there would be no problem. I just don't get it, and their customer service was no service. She tired to argue with me that they don't have space to hold all the packages right now! A billion dollar company can't figure that out, huh...

cant cover ALL your bases and hurricane are not normal but i would Rant also so ??? but not publicly

I've been a UPS employee for 22 years. The company deals with MILLIONS of packages every day. Even smaller hubs deal with tens of thousands on an average night. And as they deal with hurricane conditions with roads shut down, businesses closed, homes abandoned, and frustrated residents, I have no doubt that they really do have hundreds of packages pilling up at their hub. And for the driver's reason for failed delivery, his computer system only has limited responses for not making the delivery. He probably just chose the first one on the list after doing the same thing for dozens of other deliveries.

If I don't get a refund on my shipping, then they basically stole my money. At least that's how I see it, I wasn't given a chance to get my package. Aren't companies this big and well established supposed to be able to account for things like this? I don't care if I have to go get a package or wait a few extra days, but to say I refused it? That's a lie and theft of my shipping fees. It's not like they haven't dealt with hurricanes for years.

Btw, a crazy FedEx driver delivered a package to my neighbor, driving through the water. Just saying ...

While I have had my issues with UPS, FedEx and USPS, I am a little confused with this issue, do not they not try three attempts in your area. I know for me have UPS hold at a local UPS hub has not been the best. In fact a few years ago two cameras (worth about $7,000) I had bought were being shipped earlier than I thought and the package needed a signature, problem was I was in the hospital. I had them held at a local hub, when I asked for them to be delivered UPS said they could no longer do that because the boxes were empty. My guess is since it was around December one of the holiday temp workers stole them. Luckily for me the vendor was great and sent me two more cameras, while they dealt with UPS. FedEx is easier for me to have it held at a local spot but seems to have more issues at the central hub.

I stopped using UPS when they decided they can seize and destroy packages they think are firearm related.

Last time i went to my local store they asked what's being shipped, I said sporting goods. She says what kind of sporting goods? I hesitated and then said golf clubs. She literally asked what kind were they. I said nevermind, grabbed the box and left.

I was trying to ship an airgun and knew by the multi colored hair and multiple face piercings She would refuse it if I said what it was. Then I figured if they happened to X ray the package and see a rifle they would confiscate it. Not risking that.

My local usps I know them by name and they never question anything. Just shoot the chit and go about my day.

It isn’t just UPS. It‘s almost all carriers. They are short staffed and overloaded with freight.
It isn’t just the carriers. Retailers are short staffed. One of the grocers in our area that I do work for is short an average of 30 people per store. Service suffers.
This is showing no signs of improving in the near future. This is the new normal. Embrace the suck.
I have changed my buying habits. I buy local at every chance even if I have to pay more for it. All this online convenience comes at a price not necessarily measured in dollars.

It isn’t just UPS. It‘s almost all carriers. They are short staffed and overloaded with freight.
It isn’t just the carriers. Retailers are short staffed. One of the grocers in our area that I do work for is short an average of 30 people per store. Service suffers.
This is showing no signs of improving in the near future. This is the new normal. Embrace the suck.
I have changed my buying habits. I buy local at every chance even if I have to pay more for it. All this online convenience comes at a price not necessarily measured in dollars.
But the current administration swears unemployment is under 4% GTFOH

I've been a UPS employee for 22 years. The company deals with MILLIONS of packages every day. Even smaller hubs deal with tens of thousands on an average night. And as they deal with hurricane conditions with roads shut down, businesses closed, homes abandoned, and frustrated residents, I have no doubt that they really do have hundreds of packages pilling up at their hub. And for the driver's reason for failed delivery, his computer system only has limited responses for not making the delivery. He probably just chose the first one on the list after doing the same thing for dozens of other deliveries.
The bottom line is if you agree to do the job and take the money you either do the job or give back the money.
The carrier knew the conditions in the delivery area and hub before they agreed to deliver. UPS is great in my area but FedEx is in steal your package mode about 2/3 of the time.

Sorry to say, but I have to share my negative experience with UPS to. I ordered a Diana Air king and an airgun pistol from Spain about two months ago, and the tracking went well all the way to Norway. UPS charged me for 25% VAT, and I paid the same day. But they did NOT send me the rifle. The tracking show they send the package forward and backward in Norway a couple of weeks, and suddenly I got a message that the parcel was returned to sender! I responded immediately, but UPS said that everything was all right, and "you will have the parcel in a couple of days". A week went, no parcel, so I contacted them again. Same answer - "the package will arrive in a day or two, show patience". A new week went along, and now I became frustrated, and posted a claim.
USP answered back that I should contakt the sender in Spain (!), and leave a claim there. Now I got realy angry, but I did as told, and the AG company promised to look into it. (But what can they do?) In my opinion UPS was responsible for the parcel, but they show no interest, just told me to be patient. Up to this day 1200 USD - and no gun, no pistol and a ton of time trying to get USP`s attention.
Now I am confused. Do I get my money back? Can I contact seller and reorder? Actually at this moment I do not know. I only know that I will never use USP again, as long as I can avoid it.

Reactions: AncientSword
Sorry to say, but I have to share my negative experience with UPS to. I ordered a Diana Air king and an airgun pistol from Spain about two months ago, and the tracking went well all the way to Norway. UPS charged me for 25% VAT, and I paid the same day. But they did NOT send me the rifle. The tracking show they send the package forward and backward in Norway a couple of weeks, and suddenly I got a message that the parcel was returned to sender! I responded immediately, but UPS said that everything was all right, and "you will have the parcel in a couple of days". A week went, no parcel, so I contacted them again. Same answer - "the package will arrive in a day or two, show patience". A new week went along, and now I became frustrated, and posted a claim.
USP answered back that I should contakt the sender in Spain (!), and leave a claim there. Now I got realy angry, but I did as told, and the AG company promised to look into it. (But what can they do?) In my opinion UPS was responsible for the parcel, but they show no interest, just told me to be patient. Up to this day 1200 USD - and no gun, no pistol and a ton of time trying to get USP`s attention.
Now I am confused. Do I get my money back? Can I contact seller and reorder? Actually at this moment I do not know. I only know that I will never use USP again, as long as I can avoid it.
My understanding is that the sender is the one who has to file the claim and is also the one who will be reimbursed, the store should just send you a new order while they deal with UPS.

The bottom line is if you agree to do the job and take the money you either do the job or give back the money.
The carrier knew the conditions in the delivery area and hub before they agreed to deliver. UPS is great in my area but FedEx is in steal your package mode about 2/3 of the time.
All the carriers have "act of god" causes in their shipping agreement. And hurricanes and the results that follow for a couple weeks fall within that cause. Do you really think they "knew the conditions" of a potential hurricane when they took the shipment? They took the package from another location days before the storm hit. How could they possibly know about closed roads, abandoned homes, and other followup of the storm before the storm hit? I understand the frustration of not getting your package on the time you hope for, but bashing a company and it's workers isn't very understanding of for what they are forced to deal with after a natural disaster.

All the carriers have "act of god" causes in their shipping agreement. And hurricanes and the results that follow for a couple weeks fall within that cause. Do you really think they "knew the conditions" of a potential hurricane when they took the shipment? They took the package from another location days before the storm hit. How could they possibly know about closed roads, abandoned homes, and other followup of the storm before the storm hit? I understand the frustration of not getting your package on the time you hope for, but bashing a company and it's workers isn't very understanding of for what they are forced to deal with after a natural disaster.
Yes they knew the high probability and definitely knew what was happening at the hub. I'm not bashing UPS. I said either complete the job or return the money. This is no different than airlines overbooking in the hopes some ticket holders don't show. UPS accepted the gamble and it didn't go their way. Their business is logistics. Complete the job you agreed to do or return the money in full.

They told me driver couldn't enter due to my security gate, odd thing is, we don't even have a gate. then they have these safe locations you could pick up your packages, so you have to go there. But, you have to fill out some form to ensure when you want home delivery it goes to your home and not right there. But, even though the tracking says its at the safe location for pick its not really there because they go to these location at a certain time. If the seller gives me another option to ship other than UPS i am on it, i only ship with them if i absolutely have to.

You can still be short staffed if people refuse to work. The unemployment number is based off of the number of people looking for work. No one is looking because they all got fraudulently acquired PPP loans. Hopefully, they will be convicted soon and increase the number of prison guard positions available in almost every state.
But they want to free all the convicts and abolish prisons so I highly doubt we'll be getting more guards.