UPS - no firearms shipping policy

So, how does a Republic work compared to a Democracy ?
I'm going to end our conversation here not because either of us is wrong or right but because one thing I am not and that is a teacher. If you truly want a answer I'll let you refresh what you know of history and what our forefathers envisioned. And if you find any reputable information that would teach anyone of us something I'm willing to listen.

nothing to due with the specific subject at hand but in the past I have had FedEx ask what is in the box when there is a high insurance value attached to the shipment. In the FedEX case they were asking mainly because they did not want to be responsible for any unique non replaceable object, like an old musical instrument. A recent package I sent to AOA, i had to have it shipped from a UPS center and not a UPS Store because of the insurance valuation, they did not ask because I had already printed the label at home and was just dropping it off.

My local UPS Store won't accept anything "gun" related, I can't even ship a scope! Fortunately, the local UPS Driver, who is on our street at least 5-6 times a week has no probalem with me just flaggin him down for a pick-up! No pick-up charge and I just print my own label. He could care less what's inside the box!

Question...
Would it be any different if you disassembled the rifle and shipped it in two boxes. If you were to remove the barrel and air tank (if it's a pcp), place those two "parts" in one box and place the stock and mechanics in another box? Could you legally say you were shipping "machined parts" instead of shipping a "gun"? It sucks to ship two boxes, but would that be a legal work around?

Question...
Would it be any different if you disassembled the rifle and shipped it in two boxes. If you were to remove the barrel and air tank (if it's a pcp), place those two "parts" in one box and place the stock and mechanics in another box? Could you legally say you were shipping "machined parts" instead of shipping a "gun"? It sucks to ship two boxes, but would that be a legal work around?
Just removing the stock and shipping them in the same box is usually enough to make it look less like a gun. Its also much cheaper to ship the smaller box.

My local UPS Store won't accept anything "gun" related, I can't even ship a scope! Fortunately, the local UPS Driver, who is on our street at least 5-6 times a week has no probalem with me just flaggin him down for a pick-up! No pick-up charge and I just print my own label. He could care less what's inside the box!
cant ship a scope come on hows the local shops getting their stuff crazy ship pirate ship then

Pneumatic tools, sporting goods, etc. are the only type of description I've ever had to give. Not dishonest or illegal. Definitely remove action from stock for smaller shipping profile & less stress as with a longer package. USPS is happy as long as your package contains NOTHING on their "no-go" list.

If they ever question you about what is in the box always give them an exact description of what it is.
Look them straight in the eye and with a deadpan expression tell them it is a 4.5 mm (or 5.5 mm if appropriate) precision, 100 meter, pneumatic delivery system. I dare anyone to say otherwise.

nothing to due with the specific subject at hand but in the past I have had FedEx ask what is in the box when there is a high insurance value attached to the shipment. In the FedEX case they were asking mainly because they did not want to be responsible for any unique non replaceable object, like an old musical instrument. A recent package I sent to AOA, i had to have it shipped from a UPS center and not a UPS Store because of the insurance valuation, they did not ask because I had already printed the label at home and was just dropping it off.
At Fedex not too long ago I had the kid at the counter freak out on me for a similar situation. A PCP isn't a firearm and no I don't want you to open my box so I have to redo it after an inspection. I agree that just printing the label at home is ideal!

Ain't no fire so it ain't a firearm!
BUT - if yo are going to insure it be concise so there's no argument. Something like "FX Impact M3 pneumatic device."

firearm
fīr′ärm″

noun​

1. A weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
  2. A weapon from which a missile, such as a bullet, cannon-ball, shell, etc., is expelled by the combustion of gunpowder or other similar explosive. Pistols, muskets, cannon, etc., are firearms.
  3. A gun, pistol, or any weapon from which a shot is discharged by the force of an explosive substance, as gunpowder.

UPS hubs will accept firearms and air guns. Franchise stores will accept neither. Don't give them a hard time, it's specifically prohibited in their operating agreement with UPS. And don't argue the definition of firearm. It's not a regulatory issue, it's company policy.

If you want insurance, buy real, third party insurance. The "insurance" sold by by the shipper is only a guarantee of delivery, and protection from shipper negligence. And if you buy insurance, don't get too cute with the description of contents, and have documentation.