• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

UPS - no firearms shipping policy

Went to my local UPS center on Monday to ship an air rifle back to AOA for service. Big new sign at the counter said in bold print “No Longer Shipping Firearms.”

Counter manager said the only way one can ship a “firearm” is if you get a call tag/label from a licensed manufacturer or dealer that has “registered as such with UPS” in advance.

He said that no one had instructed that he couldn’t take a pellet gun or air rifle yet, so he went ahead and accepted my shipment.

Went back the next evening to ship an air rifle that I had sold via AGN classifieds , only to have to argue with the female clerk that the new policy didn’t apply to airguns. I finally convinced her to accept it.

The world continues to change and not in our favor.

Why would they even know there is a gun inside? Do you walk in screaming i got a gun? Lol. I've shipping with usps and ups and FedEx for over 20 years. And never do they ask or make you tell them whats inside the box. They usually only ask if it's fragile or perishable. I just say no. They weight it and you pay and walk out. Dont need to make it more complicated than it need to be. They have no right to open your package to check whats in it. So how would they know there is even a gun. Maybe don't tell them next time?

This isn't anything new. UPS has been doing this for years and its simply just because the counter person doesn't know what the difference between an airgun and a firearm is. Just avoid the term "gun" all together and refer to it as a "tool" or "pneumatic hole punch". Problem solved and you're telling the truth.

Why would they even know there is a gun inside? Do you walk in screaming i got a gun? Lol. I've shipping with usps and ups and FedEx for over 20 years. And never do they ask or make you tell them whats inside the box. They usually only ask if it's fragile or perishable. I just say no. They weight it and you pay and walk out. Dont need to make it more complicated than it need to be. They have no right to open your package to check whats in it. So how would they know there is even a gun. Maybe don't tell them next time?

yes,id like to know this too.

never once have any shipping companies asked me whats in the box.

none of their business really

Was it a UPS Store? None of the UPS stores around here will accept any firearms shipments or for that matter anything insured for over $999. I think that is the nationwide policy. FedEx is the same at their independent FedEx shipping locations, as in not owned by FedEx.

The UPS Center is the place where all the trucks offload and load up packages. Have never had a problem with firearms there.